Ch. 6

AN: Charles airplane costume

Seeing Things
Ch. 6

Jane's P.O.V.

I woke up groaning because I didn't close my drapes after I got in bed last night after the football game. Oliver had two more touchdowns and Lawrence got another sack. They were doing great for freshman on varsity.

Ethan still has the thought in his giant head that we were still somehow together and at this point it's just really annoying. Who knew guys could be this clingy.

That next day after the dark spirit fight, dream thingy when I went to school I had some weird looks. A few people started a rumor that Ethen and I were having sex and he was choking me. Now I have rumors of being a slut which honestly I don't even care about. I was never even friends with any of these people anyways so what does it matter to me.

"Jane wake up! I need help with Charles costume and the decorations." Alex called for me.

I rubbed the sleep out of my eyes and rolled out of the warm safe blankets. I walked into the bathroom and brushed my teeth. I pulled a pair of yoga pants on and an old long sleeve t-shirt. I pulled my hair to the side putting it into a braid for the day. Once dressed I walked down into the kitchen to see Charles standing on the table in a white shirt and his boxers.

"Good morning to you Charles! Ha I like your costume buddy." I said referring to the Superman boxer briefs.

"Jane I told you I'm gonna be an airplane!" He wined crossing his arms.

"Well you look more like a grumpy old  guy right now not an airplane." I chuckled eating a slice of toast that was on the counter.

"Jane stop eating my toast and make your own breakfast!" Alex yelled with a sewing needle and thread in between her teeth.

"You can't just leave toast unattended in this house at breakfast time it's against the rules." I said making myself a bowl of cereal instead.

"What did you need help with? I'm all yours today."

"I need help with making little ghost for the kids tables and I'll help you with your costume if you finally know what you want to wear." She said finishing the strap for Charles costume.

"Here baby step into this see if it fits now."

Charles stepped in and pulled the airplane up so it looked like he was flying it. I chuckled at the cute little kid as he jumped down onto the chair and then started running around the house.

"Are we doing tissues paper ghosts like we did last time?" I asked

"Yes all the supplies are in the living room."

After I finished my cereal and washed my bowl I walked into the living room where Clair and Alex were making the ghosts. The ghosts are made from five cotton balls in the center of two white sheets of tissue paper. Once you have that you tie a sting under the cotton balls so the head looks like a ball and the body is flowing like a ghost. You get a sharpie and make two dots for the eyes and you have your ghost.

I always thought they were a cute idea and weren't super scary for little kids. After about two hours I had quite a few ghosts and started doing the eyes for the ones Clair made. After we had enough ghosts Alex made lunch for us.

"So have you decided what you want to be for the party I'll definitely help you with it tomorrow so it's ready?" She questioned me after we ate and put the dishes away.

"Yeah I think I want to be a hunter. But not the the animal hunter like a vampire slayer more or less." I tried to explain.

"So do you have any ideas for your costume then? Because honestly I'm a little lost."

"You know those black spandex leather material shorts I have? Those with like a tight black corset and my knee high black healed boots. Then I'll strap a knife to my thigh and have a little hooded cape."

"Jane your gonna be sexy!!" Alex laughed as I explained the costume.

"I'll help you with that cape. And it seemed like you got the rest of your costume pretty much figured out... What if I make your garter and your cape the same deep red color?"

"That's fine. I didn't really have anything in mind for those."

"Okay go get everything that you want and need ready so tomorrow evening I can help you get ready."

Dinner time came around and Alex made dinner for all of us. Everyone was quite and the night seemed to go by quickly. Soon I fell asleep shutting my drapes to make sure I don't wake up to the sun in the morning.

                    *     *     *     *

I woke up and looked at the clock. It was around ten and I could smell Alexandra making breakfast. I put on a pair of running shorts and a sports bra. I grabbed my running shoes and ponytailed my hair. Walking into the kitchen I grabbed a piece of bacon off the plate.

"I'm going for a run I'll be back in a little bit." I told Alex as I walked out the door.

I started my light jog enjoying the nature that surrounded me. I decided that a run through the woods would make me happier than seeing the streets. Making my way between the trees and jumping over logs and twigs. Once I was tired I decided to turn around and run back home. I ate some bacon and drank some water. I went up and took a shower wearing jeans and a shirt.

"Hey are you ready too help with my costume?" I asked Alex who was sitting at the table.

"Yeah go bring everything down for me."

With that I went up to my room and got the shorts and the corset I was talking about. I pulled the knee high boots of the floor and carried all the stuff back down to the table. Aunt Alexandra came down with a dark red velvet looking piece of cloth.

"Hey can you hook a gold chain across the shoulders so it stay up the whole time?" I asked picking up an old necklace I never wore anymore.

"Of course this is gonna look so good. I'm so happy you let me help you! You know how much I love making costumes for all you guys." Alex genuinely smiled.

After some cutting, sewing, and cursing about an hour later Alex was done with my costume.

"Okay baby cakes I wanna see it all on!" Alex pushed me in the bathroom with all the articles.

I pulled up the tight shorts and strapped up the corset as tight as I could. I laughed at the mirror as my cleavage hung out more than the last time I wore this. Buttoning the cape across my chest I pulled the hood over my head. Zipping up the boots after I pulled up the garter. I looked at myself and smiled knowing I would make big bouncy curls in my hair and dark red and black makeup. I walked out of the bathroom with confidence in my step and Alexandra's jaw dropped.

"You look hot!" She yelled and made me spin around.

"Thanks for helping. Tomorrow night will you strap the corset up for me?"

"Of course! I'm so excited." She yelled clapping her hands.