Ch. 30

Seeing Things
Ch. 30

Nate's P.O.V.

I was still upset about my mate. I wanted to talk to Jane about it but she wasn't here. I decided maybe my grandma could help. I walked to her room and knocked. She said come in so I opened the door revealing her folding laundry.

"Hey baby what's wrong?" She asked now giving me her undivided attention.

"I found my mate." I said looking down not excited as I always dreamed I'd be.

"Oh that great!"

"No it's not nana. It's Jane's cousin."

"And what's wrong with that?"

"Everything that I heard she's a total bitch and doesn't care about anything or anyone but herself. I wanted a mate like Jane who cares for others and likes to help. Not a selfish brat."

"Have you talked to her Nathaniel?"

"No she hardly even looked up from her phone and when she did she just stared at me she didn't even say hi when Jane introduced me."

"Well she's your mate you will both end up wanting each other because honestly you need each other. Maybe she will want to be better and try to impress you if you just don't do anything."

"Yeah I guess. Thanks nana."

"No problem baby I'm always here."

With that I walked out of the room thinking over the conversation. If I don't do anything she will still want me but I'll act like I still don't like her till I'm sure I want her.

                    *     *     *     *

Jane's P.O.V

I was outside with the Royals and tons of warriors. Some pay me no mind while others growl because I'm an unmatted female who will have power over them. I'm also a strong female which makes some wolves go crazy.

"You will not shift unless commanded or necessary for your survival. Dark spirits will burn and become visible when fire touches them so you will all have torches. I will walk in and you will all come from the sides for our advantage of them not know we are there. I will find the leader and kill him. On my command you will get out because I'm setting explosives. Are we all clear?" I asked the men in front of me.

There was a simultaneous yes or men just nodding.

"We will leave in the morning at three. Go spend time with your families."

I dismissed them as they walked off. I turned towards the Royals who were keeping a low conversion.

"She will do good."

"She has the power and mind of a great Luna."

Was all I heard as I walked over.

"Jane, we have contacted your family. They are coming for a dinner tonight at 6. Be ready."

"Yes Sir." Was my only reply as I walked back inside.

I walked into my room here and laid down on the bed somewhat tired and trying to prepare myself for anything.

My phone vibrated interrupting the silence. I picked it up to see a text from Elizabeth.

'Can we talk tonight?' It read.

Elizabeth? Talking to me? Without being forced or saying nasty comments? This isn't real.

'Is this Elizabeth?' I replied.