Ch. 4

AN: Lawrence and Oliver

Seeing Things
Ch. 4

Jane's P.O.V.

I woke up to the sun shining in my face and a pounding headache. I groaned while sitting up which only increased the pain. After about ten minutes of trying to adjust my eyes I slowly stood up with a bottle falling out of my lap onto the damp grass. Wobbly and unstable I looked down so see what caused this and it was two empty bottles of liquor.

Taking unsteady steps I slowly made my way inside which helped with the dimmer lighting for my headache. I got to the sink and turned on the faucet. Pulling the hose up to my mouth I drank the sink water without a glass. After a few swallows I shut it off finding some pain meds. I ate a banana and took the medicine now laying down on the living room couch.

A few hours later I was being poked in the face by two curious looking 4 year olds.

"Go away!" I groaned feeling sleep deprived.

They continued until I sat up. Noticing my headache was almost all the way gone I was relieved.

"Mommy's making waffles and sausage this morning." Clair said sitting next to me.

"You don't look good." Charles said.

Oh what a charmer he is.

I looked at the clock and it said 8:45. I stood up walking to the kitchen. I pored myself a glass of orange juice and stood at the counter.

"Well it looks like you had a great time!" Aunt Alex said enthusiastically.

"No." I shook my head.

"What happened then? Ether you got mugged which isn't like you because you like yourself a good fight every now and again or you had a great time that you will never remember."

"Alex. It was neither of those. I walked in on Ethan having sex with Sophia."

"Ewww that bleached blonde with the Barbie car?"

"Yes and it's been going on for over a month."

"What an asswipe! Who would do that to such a beautiful girl?"

"Mommy what does that mean?" Charles curiously asked walking in.

"It's something you say about people you don't like." Alex explained.

"My baby Jane. You were way to good for him. He never deserved you but don't worry about it he wasn't your mate. You still have that special man to wait for baby girl."

"I don't have him mom. Ethan killed him so I'd have no one but him." I started to cry thinking about it all again.

"Oh baby come here. It's okay. You'll be fine. Your better off without him. If he ever really loved you he'd be man enough to let you go and to wait for your precious flower." Alex said taking me into her arm as she patted down my tattered hair.

"Baby were gonna get some breakfast in you to soak up the rest of the alcohol. Then we're gonna get you in the shower okay pretty girl?" I nod to her question. "After that I'm taking you out to be treated like the princess you are. Once you look better than ever we will take all his stuff and burn it!!" She finished.

I smiled and shaking my head wiping away the left over tears and sitting down with a waffle. Once I ate I made my way up to my room to shower.

My hair took shampooing it three times and conditioning it four times to finally detangled enough for a brush to run through it. After scrubbing my skin to get rid of any and all the filth I made sure I shaved and didn't miss a spot. Stepping out of the shower the dark bags under my eyes started to subside and the puffy red eyes I once had were back to normal.