Ch. 28

Seeing Things
Ch. 28

Jane's P.O.V.

I started to wake up from the sun shining through my window into my eyes. Groaning I rolled across my bed and sat up on the edge.

As I was sitting there conning myself into getting up for the day wondering why I felt like crap it all came back to me.

The dream was so real that I thought it had actually happened when I woke up. I was woken up by someone and so sad that I didn't save my family that I cried into their chest. They spoke to me too. Who was it last night?

I started really thinking about the words. They were deep and powerful but held concern. Was it Nate?

No Nate isn't that big.

Oh my gosh! It was William!

Why did he come in and wake me up. Maybe he's not mad at me anymore because he actually stayed.

I looked back to my bed to see it empty. It saddened me to see it empty but what did I expect.

I got up going to the bathroom to see my eyes big, red, and puffy. I washed my face and put my hair in a bun. I walked in the closet pulling on jeans, a grey cropped hoodie and my army green windbreaker.

I walked down stairs and went to the kitchen to find some breakfast. I found leftover chopped chicken and I pulled out eggs.

I made breakfast and started eating. Nate walked in with a smile.

"What did you make me for breakfast?"

"I made MYSELF eggs and chicken but you can have the rest."

"That's why we're buddies."  He said hugging me.

"Shut up." I rolled my eyes pushing him away.

"You look nice. Where are you going?"

"My family's supposed to be coming and I'm going to speak with the royals."

"Oh well good luck buttercup!" He said eating the rest of my breakfast.

Before I could get out a thanks the doorbell rang. I got up excited hoping it was my family.

William was standing at the door of his office watching me skip to the door with a very slight smirk on his face. Most people wouldn't even notice it but that's like his smile.

I opened the door and it held my family on the other side.

My aunt attacked me in hugs kissing my face. I laughed hugging her back till she was done. Next my uncle came in. We hugged and he said he missed me.

Clair ran and jumped at me and my quick reflexes caught her holding her up over my head. I gave her a raspberry as she squirmed in my arms.

Setting her down I said hi to Charles who hugged me tightly. I stood up and told Oliver he looked like a grumpy old man. That got a smile out of him.

Elizabeth was on her phone so I just ignored her. Lawrence was last.

"Best for last!" I said as he wrapped me in a hug.