Where Is Michael Wheeler?

*Just an Authors note, most of the book shows more of Mike's point of view, but this chapter will be more about the other boys! I hope you enjoy this new chapter!*

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Will, Dustin, and Lucas were all waiting for Mike. It was 8:20 pm, and he should have arrived twenty minutes ago.

"Where on earth is Mike?" Dustin asked.

"Maybe he decided to ditch us after all," Lucas suggested.

"He'll come, I know he will," Will assured them.

They waited until 8:30 pm. Still no sign of him.

"I'll try to use my walkie-talkie," Lucas said, pulling it out of his bag.

"Mike, do you copy? Over."

Nothing.

"Well, I guess I can tell you about my idea," Will said. "Well, you know how Mike has been really depressed lately?"

"Yeah, he's so depressed I don't think there's a word to describe it," Lucas said.

"Well, it's about that Eleven girl, right?" Will asked.

"Yep, that's the reason," Dustin answered.

"I thought that tonight, we could go looking near Hawkins Lab. That's why I asked for you guys to bring a flashlight and a weapon, just in case." Will announced.

"But, with Mike gone..." Dustin said.

"It was basically all for nothing," Will said, sadly.

"I can't believe he would bail on us like that!?!" Lucas said, very much annoyed. "He's always obsessing over El. I wish he would just move on!"

"It's getting late, I think I should go home. My mom will probably worry," Dustin said.

"I should too. Sorry your plan didn't work, Byers," Lucas said, as the two boys walked out the door.

"Ok, bye," Will said, as he watched his friends leave.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Lucas and Dustin were on their bikes. They turned off of Mirkwood, onto Cornwallis. They were racing each other down the street until Lucas came to an abrupt stop.

"Woah, Dustin stop! You won't believe this," Lucas said.

Dusting stopped and got off his bike, and walked on over to where Lucas was standing.

The two looked down at a bicycle, it's rear end totaled. 

"Such a shame. It's a totally cool bike! It looks like it's the same kind as-"

"As Mike's."

The two boys looked at each other, with fearsome looks.

"Mike's probably fine, don't worry. Let's go home. He's probably still in his basement crying over El. Plus, a lot of people probably have a bike like Mike's."

"Yeah, I guess you're right."

The two friends continued their race home.