Noises At 3:15 In The Morning

~Mike's POV~

My supercom sat on the table in the basement. All of a sudden, a noise came from it. I quickly woke up from my nap. I had fallen asleep next to El's fort. I looked at my watch, which read 3:15 am. I must have cried myself to sleep last night when I went to sit by her fort. It wasn't uncommon for me to sit in there and think. It comforted me, looking at the structure which reminded me so much of her. It was one of the only things I had to remember her.

I suddenly remembered why I had woken up. My supercom had made a noise. I was really annoyed. It was probably Dustin or Lucas pranking me at 3 am, thinking it was the funniest thing in the world.

I picked the supercom up and angrily ranted into it.

"Lucas, or Dustin, this isn't funny! I was asleep. Stop trying your dumb pranks on me!" I tossed it onto the couch.

It made a noise again. This time, it was heavy breathing. I went over to speak into it again.

"This isn't funny! Guys, please stop trying to scare me! It isn't working!" I shouted. I got up and started walking back over to the fort when the supercom made another noise.

"Mike."

My eyes went wide, and I rushed back over and spoke into the electronic once more.

"El? Eleven, is that you?" I asked.

There was silence.

"El?" I croaked, trying to hold back a sob.

"Mike," the voice said again.

"Are you ok? El, tell me if you're safe. I need to know if you're alright! Please, that's all I ask!" I pleaded.

Suddenly, I heard a muffled voice I couldn't quite make out, and then some crying. After that, my supercom went silent. I sat, staring at it for about an hour. Nothing happened, and I eventually fell asleep on the couch.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Thank you all so much for over 1k reads! I am so grateful! I'm so glad that you all enjoy this story because I really enjoy writing it for you! Also, if you are interested, I have another Mileven story called, If I Never Knew You, which I have recently published. Once again, thank you for all of the support. It really means a lot to me.

~Rocky