What Found Mike on Mirkwood

~Mike's POV~

It was 2:45 am. I got up and quietly made my way downstairs, making sure not to make too much noise. It wouldn't be a good thing if his parents saw him sneaking out at this time. I carefully walked outside and went over to grab my bike. I hopped on and started pedaling. 

I had my backpack with me. Inside of it was a flashlight, a pocket knife, and a box of Eggos.

I pedaled all the way down Cornwallis, and onto Mirkwood. I stopped at the front of Mirkwood, dropping my bike. I pulled the flashlight and pocket knife out. I slipped the knife into my pocket. I needed a weapon, just in case. You never know what you'll run into out here.

I turned the flashlight on, as I walked into the woods. I walked around calling out to her.

"El! Eleven?"

There was no reply. I continued on in silence. Why did I think this was a good idea? Why would she be out here of all places?

I heard something.

"Eleven?"

There was silence again. I was probably imagining things. Then, I saw a figure. I couldn't tell if it was a person, animal, or something out of the upside down. 

I pulled out my pocket knife. The figure I saw was gone. Maybe I was going insane.

I heard the crunching of leaves. Startled, I dropped my pocket knife. I got on my hands and knees, feeling around for it. I accidentally grabbed it by the blade and slit my hand.

"Ouch!" I yelped. I moaned, holding my hand. I picked the knife up with my other hand.

"If anyone's there, show yourself!"

There was silence. I knew someone was there though.

"I have a knife! I'm not afraid to use it! Show yourself!"

A silhouette came into view. As the thing got closer, I could make out that it was a human. A girl.

"El?" I croaked. I was really hoping it was her, and not one of the bad men. My hands started to quiver.

"El? Who's El?" A familiar voice asked.

The girl stepped into the moonlight. It was Max.