Why Can't You Hear Me?

~Will's POV~

I awoke to a cold breeze. I slowly sat up from my position on the couch. The door was open. That was odd.

I got up off the couch and made my way to the door. Outside, Mike was standing in the middle of the grass.

"Mike, what are you doing?" I asked rubbing my eyes.

He was silent. He didn't even move.

I walked closer to him.

"Mike?"

I placed a hand on his shoulder. Suddenly, he turned around.

"Mike, are you ok?"

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

~Mike's POV~

I was in the void, again. I wasn't quite sure how I got there. Was I even awake? I had no clue. All I could remember was walking outside, and then everything went black. I didn't even feel anything or see anyone coming at me. It was strange.

I stood in the darkness, all alone. I stood in what seemed like a fourth inch of water that masked the ground.

I had been here many times before, but not recently. I used to see this place whenever I thought about El, during the time of her disappearance. I remember that sometimes, it got so bad that people would say one second I was fine, and the next, I would be on the ground, saying things to myself or crying. I wasn't quite sure what was wrong with me.

But, when El came back, I stopped doing that. For it to happen again seemed highly unlikely, but what else could have happened?

I sat down, pulling my knees to my chest.

Usually, when this happened, it was only for a short period of time. This time, it had been longer. I started to worry.

Mike, what are you doing?

"Hello? Is anybody there?" I cried out.

Mike?

The voice sounded very familiar. I think it was one of the boys.

"I'm here! Hello? Why can't you hear me?" I shouted.

Mike, are you okay?

Now I could tell it was Will who was speaking. Somehow, I was still in the dark void, unable to say anything. I couldn't be heard at all. I was so confused. I didn't understand what was going on.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

~Will's POV~

"Oh, uh, hey Will," Mike stuttered.

"What are you doing out here?" I asked.

"Just getting some fresh air."

"At 3 am?"

"Do you have a problem with that?"

"No, not at all. Are you coming back inside?"

"Yeah, in a minute," Mike said, turning back around.

Mike seemed a little strange.

I shrugged it off and walked inside.