"Mike."

"Mike."

The melancholy voice spoke once again. The voice that haunted Michael Wheeler every single day. Whenever someone tried to talk to him, his mind was clouded by this voice. Her voice.

This time, Mike knew he had to find Eleven. He was once again in the dark void. He had to find her again, but this time, he couldn't let her go.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

~Mike's POV~

I walked in the endless dark void. I heard her beautiful voice softly speak my name.

"Mike."

"El? Eleven?!"

There was silence. I couldn't take it anymore. It had been so hard  having to go through every single day without her. I felt my bottom lip quiver. I bit my lip, holding back tears. I yelled out her name once again.

"El! ELEVEN?"

My voice cracked. There was no reply. I started to crumble. It was as if my world was slowly falling apart. I started screaming her name at the top of my lungs.

"EL!?!? ELEVEN!?!?!? PLEASE SAY SOMETHING! ANYTHING!"

There was silence once again.

I collapsed on the floor of the dark void, in tears. I couldn't keep myself together any longer.

"Mike."

I felt a gentle hand on my shoulder. I turned around. I couldn't see straight because my vision was blurred by so many tears.

"Mike?" The voice asked, but this time it had a hint of sadness.

I felt a hand wipe the tears away from my face. There, kneeled down by my side, was Eleven. She had a white shirt on and overalls. She had short brown curls, not quite shoulder length. She looked at me sadly, and with concern. I hated her having to see me like this. It was awful.

"Mike?" She asked again. I could hear her voice crack, as if she was on the verge of tears. 

"El." I croaked.

She started crying.

"What's wrong?" I asked her.

She looked down.

"Are you in danger? Please, El, tell me if there's anyway I can help you!" I pleaded.

She lifted her head and stared at me sadly. I leaned in and wrapped my arms around her, bringing her into a hug. This time, I told myself I wasn't going to let go of her. All of a sudden, I heard her voice crack.

"I'm sorry."

My arms suddenly were wrapped around nothing. She was gone. I had messed up and lost her, again

"EL? ELEVEN?!??! WHERE ARE YOU?!?!?!" I cried out. Tears streamed down my face. I had lost the girl I loved. I had let her go again.