Papa

Two people sat in a dark room. Their silhouettes were barely visible. In one chair was a tall man. In the other chair was a teenage girl.

"Did you do your job effectively, Seven?" The man asked the girl.

"I tried my best Papa," Seven replied.

"But was your best good enough?" Papa asked, standing up.

"The workers and I were able to chase them for a while until somehow we lost them. I'm not sure where they went, but we did manage to shoot one of the boys," Seven said, trying her best to sound confident.

"Which boy was it?" Papa asked, a little intrigued.

"The one with dark hair and freckles. The one that likes Eleven," Seven stated.

"You still did not get Eleven back. That was your job. I give you one job, and you can't even do it!" Papa scolded.

"I'm sorry Papa. I will do better next time," Seven sighed.

"You better, or else there will be consequences. Now, I want you to come up with a more decisive plan on your own. Use your powers to the fullest ability. They are clueless about what you are capable of. They won't see it coming," Papa ordered.

"Yes Papa," Seven said.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

~Seven's POV~

It was just Papa and me. No other agents. Ever since the lab had been confiscated, the agents had stayed with Dr. Owens. Papa had hidden me for a while. He and I were the last ones. We had moved to a small remote building no one knew the location of. The reason we were still successful most of the time was because of me. My powers allowed me to do things neither Eight or Eleven could do. Then again, I wasn't able to do what Eight or Eleven could do. We all had our own unique powers.

I had a plan. I knew how I would please Papa. I would never leave his side like the others did. Unlike them, when I had the opportunity to escape, I chose not to. I was fond of Papa. 

The truth was, he was my biological father. He had taken his own daughter and given her powers. I was going to make him proud. I was going to heal him once and for all, no matter who I had to face.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Sorry for the shorter chapter! I will try to update soon! Thank you all so much for the positive feedback and kind words! It means so much to me that you enjoy my story. You have really motivated me as an author, and I appreciate that. Have an amazing day! ~Rocky