I Hurt Him

I've been focusing a lot on Mike and the boys. I thought I might tell this chapter from a different point of view. Hope you enjoy this chapter!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

~Hopper's POV~

I stepped over the trip wire, and up to the door. I did the secret knock, and waited for El to open the door. At first, nothing happened, but after about a minute or so of waiting, the door swung open.

I walked inside, and set a bag down on the table.

"El! I brought some donuts from work today! The guys at the police department bought over three boxes of donuts! I don't know how they manage to consume so much. I brought home some for you."

The frail girl walked out of her room. I could tell she had been crying. Her eyes were all red and puffy. She walked up to the table and puller out a glazed donut. She turned around to walk to her room, but I grabbed her by the arm.

"What's up with you?"

Her head shot around, glaring at me.

"I-I mean, I know you've been crying. What's wrong?"

El was silent. She looked down for a second, then back up. Tears filled her eyes.

"Mike."

"Oh no. You haven't been trying to contact him, have you?"

El broke into tears. I walked her over to the couch, and we sat down.

"I want to see Mike."

"You and I both know you can't. It's too dangerous."

"I hurt him."

"What?"

"Mike. I hurt him."

"What do you mean you hurt him?"

"I NEED TO SEE HIM!" Eleven snapped.

"EL, WHAT THE HECK'S WRONG WITH YOU? JUST GIVE ME A STRAIGHT ANSWER!"

El broke out into sobs.

"I'm sorry El, I shouldn't have snapped like tha-"

"No. It's not you. It's me."

"What?"

"You asked for a straight answer, so..."

"Well...?"

"Every night I check on Mike!" Eleven cried. "I see how sad he is! I hurt him! He's always crying, because of me. He's sad because I LEFT HIM!" El sobbed even more.

I pulled her into a hug, and she cried into my chest.

"Don't worry kid, you'll see him. Soon."