Arguments

~Max's POV~

I held Mike in my arms. Was he alright? Luckily, his heart was still beating. He looked so lifeless though. All of a sudden, he stirred. I looked down at him. I watched as his eyelids slowly fluttered open.

"Are you okay Mike?" I asked, concerned.

"El?" He questioned.

He stared up at me and his eyes went small. He flinched, and instantly sat up. Our faces were only inches apart.

"Who's El?" I asked.

"No one," he said. He stood up and walked away from me. He stood on the other side of the room, his back facing me. I stood up and walked over to the side of the room to Mike.

"Mike, what happened? One minute your were mad at me, and the next, you were on the floor, unconscious. Then all of a sudden you're calling me El, and you won't tell me why. What's the matter with you?" I asked, a little upset.

I put a hand on his shoulder. He turned around, abruptly moving my hand off of his shoulder, giving me a glare. I could tell that tears were beginning to form in his eyes. He bit his bottom lip.

"What's the matter with me? You're the one who followed me downstairs, and has a psychopath brother who me off the road last month! Also, I don't have to tell you anything!" Mike hissed at me.

I could feel my face getting hot. All I wanted to do was make some friends in this strange town, but it seemed like nobody liked me. I didn't want him to notice how upset I was.

"Fine! Be that way!" I shouted, before turning and running upstairs.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

~Mike's POV~

I watched Max run up the stairs angrily. I couldn't help but feel the slightest bit sorry. All of a sudden, Nancy came down the stairs.

"Mike, what the heck was that about?" She asked me.

I looked down at the floor. Nancy walked over to me, and lifted my chin up with one of her hands. She placed both of her hands on my shoulders, forcing me to make eye contact with her.

"Mike, let's talk," She said, leading me to the couch. We both sat down in silence, until she finally spoke.

"I could hear you and Max shouting downstairs."

"Do you think Mom and Dad heard too?" I asked with concern.

"No, I was on my way down here. I basically eavesdropped. I don't think they could hear the two of you arguing." She reassured me.

"Nancy! You were eavesdropping?"

"Okay, okay, sorry. Why were you two upset?"

I looked down, not replying. I could tell Nancy was getting impatient by the tone she was using.

"Michael! I'm your sister! You can talk to me!"

I started crying.

"I'm sorry! I know you and Max both meant well, it's just-" I abruptly stopped in mid sentence, as Nancy pulled me into a hug. I sobbed into her shoulder, and she comforted me. I'm glad I have Nancy looking out for me. If I didn't, I would probably be a complete mess.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

~Max's POV~

I sat upstairs for a while. My mom eventually said we were leaving soon. I thought I might try and apologize to Mike while I was waiting. I'm not exactly sure why needed to apologize, but it just felt like the right thing to do.

I began to walk down the stairs to the basement, when I heard voices. I stopped, and listened into the conversation.

"Michael! I'm your sister! You can talk to me!" A girl's voice said. It was probably Nancy.

All of a sudden I heard crying. 

"I'm sorry! I know you and Max both meant well, it's just-" The crying continued. I looked down and saw Nancy hugging Mike, as he cried into her shoulder. Something was definitely wrong with Mike, and I was going to get to the bottom of it.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I hope you enjoyed this chapter! I can't believe this story has over 700 reads! Thank you all so much for the support and positive feedback. It really makes my day. I enjoy writing this story, and I'm glad so many of you like reading it! 

~Rocky