You'll Be Okay

~El's POV~

We finally came to the cabin. 

"Be careful of the tripwire," I warned everyone.

We all stepped over the tripwire and began walking up to the porch. Before we got there, we watched as Hopper walked out.

"Where have you been El? I've been worried sick!" Hopper said.

I tried to contain my concern, but I couldn't. I could feel tears rolling down my cheeks.

"El, are you okay?" Hopper asked. He stepped down, off of the porch.

"Mike-" I croaked.

"Mike? Mike what?" Hopper asked.

His face suddenly washed over with concern when he looked down at me.

"The bad men hurt him," I cried. Hopper pulled me into an embrace.

"I'll help your friends inside," Hopper said. He and Dustin helped Mike inside the cabin and laid him down on the couch.

Mike let out a groan.

"You kids should go home. I'll call Joyce so she can give you a ride. It isn't safe to be walking around without an adult so late. Things like this can happen," Hopper told my friends.

He walked into the kitchen and dialed Mrs. Byers. After a minute or so, he got off the phone.

"She's on her way right now," he said, before walking back over to Mike, who was on the couch.

"Ok, so what happened?"

"We were walking back from the Snowball when the badmen started chasing us!" Dustin exclaimed.

"And one of them shot Mike in the side," I said.

Hopper and Dusti helped Mike take his jacket off. On his nice dress shirt was a dark blood stain.

"This doesn't look good. Has he lost a lot of blood?" Hopper asked us.

"I'm not sure, but he did start coughing some up," Will said.

Hopper got up and walked into the kitchen. A minute or so later, he came back in with a first aid kit. Before he could do anything else, there was a knock on the door.

"Hopper? Hopper, it's me, Joyce," A familiar voice said.

Hopper went to the door and opened it.

"Why exactly did you need me to pick the kids up?" She asked.

She walked inside and saw Mike lying on the couch, the others around him.

"WHAT HAPPENED?!?!?!" Joyce asked.

"The bad men," I said.

"I'm going to get him patched up, but these kids need to get home," Hopper said.

"Ok, come on kids, let's go," Joyce said. Dustin, Max, Lucas, and Will all went outside to get into Joyce's car.

"Hopper, what should I tell Karen?"

"Just call her and tell her that Mike got in an accident on his way back from the Snowball and that I'll be watching him for the night," Hopper said.

Joyce nodded before leaving.

Mike turned and moaned again.

"I'm sorry El," he said.

"Sorry? What for?" I asked.

"I told you I'd be okay. I promised."

"It's ok Mike. You'll be okay. I promise you will," I said, grabbing his hand, interlacing our fingers.

Hopper walked up to us.

"Sorry to spoil the moment, but kid, you should get some rest. I'll patch up Mike, don't worry," Hopper told me.

I nodded and walked into my room.