You Shouldn't Be Out After Dark

Now, the story will be taking place after the Snowball. I have a very interesting story arch planned! I hope you enjoy! ~Rocky

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

--Time Skip--

~Mike's POV~

It was after the Snowball, and Max, Lucas, Will, Dustin, El, and I were all waiting outside the gym, in the parking lot, talking. Dustin, Will, Lucas, and Max were standing next to a car. El and I were sitting on the hood.

"I had fun tonight," she said, resting her head on my shoulder.

"Aww, aren't you two adorable?" Dustin teased.

I just rolled my eyes at him.

"So, are you and Max a thing now?" Will asked Lucas.

"Uh, um, wait, what would make you think that?" Lucas stuttered.

"Well, for starters you're holding hands," Will announced. 

The two looked down. Neither had realized they had been holding hands. They both blushed.

"And, we saw you two kiss during the slow dance!" Will said. Dustin started making kissy faces.

"Yeah, uh, well so did Mike and El!" Lucas said, pointing at El and me.

"You did?!?!?" Will asked us.

I could feel my face turning a deep shade of red.

"How did you miss it Will?" Dustin asked, laughing.

"Do you guys want to walk back to my house?" Will asked.

"Sure! Are you coming, Max?" Lucas asked.

"Yeah, I'll just use your house phone to tell my mom where to pick me up," Max said, interlacing her fingers with Lucas's.

"I'll come!" Dustin declared.

"Do you want to go?" I asked El.

She just nodded, her head still resting on her shoulder. She looked up and smiled at me. 

"Yeah, we'll come," I said.

We started walking home. In front were Dustin and Will walking side by side, leading the way. Behind them were Max and Lucas walking hand in hand. At the end, were El and me.

I noticed she was shaking from the cold December air. I took off my jacket and put it gently on her.

"Thank you," she said.

I felt her fingers interlace with mine.

We continued walking in silence.

We were almost at Will's house when El gave me back my jacket, smiling. I decided to say something.

"El."

"Yes, Mike?"

"I-I'm really glad you're back."

"Me too."

I knew my face was turning red.

"El."

"Yes?"

"I  lo-"

I was abruptly cut off by Dustin.

"Guys! We need to hide!" Dustin screeched.

"Why? What's wrong?" Max asked.

"Some Hawkins Lab vans are approaching!" Dustin told us.

I heard a gun fire. It hit the branch of a nearby tree. Someone was after us!

The six of us ran into the woods. I could hear the tires screech, and footsteps not too far behind. It was terrifying. I thought that everything was solved and that we wouldn't have to deal with bad men anymore!

We kept running. For a second, we thought we had lost them. The six of us paused to catch our breath.

"That was a close one," Lucas said.

I gun fired.

"Oh no! Guys let's keep moving!" Dustin shouted.

Everyone started running. 

I reached my hand to my side, underneath my jacket.

I pulled my hand away to find it covered in blood.

I had been shot.