Lending A Helping Hand

El walked through the snow. Her pink dress was very dirty and torn at the edges. She was trembling from the cold. Things had been appearing in a box recently. Every day, she would go to the box and see if anything had been put inside. Today, on her way she heard something. Someone. 

While El was walking, she paused. A twig crunched under someone's foot. It wasn't coming from where she was headed, but the sound wasn't too far. She started to hear footsteps. Running. El quickly hid behind a tree. She watched as someone ran by, tripping, and falling down a hill. Quickly and quietly, El hurried to the hill. 

She looked down, and someone was lying in the snow. It was someone around her age. A boy. She walked closer to the figure in the snow. It wasn't just any boy. It was Mike.

Eleven rushed to his side. He lied there in the snow, unconscious. She wanted so badly to go to Mike's house, have her own bed, and eat all the Eggos she wanted. But, she knew it wasn't safe. The bad men would come looking for her, and they might hurt Mike. She couldn't put him in danger like that.

El gently shook Mike.

"Mike," She said, but there was no reply.

El noticed his head was bleeding. He was injured. She had to help him somehow. She was too weak to carry him back home, but, she could always levitate him.

Carefully, Eleven used her powers to lift Mike in the air. She walked for a while until she came to the street Mirkwood. She was very tired. Using her power like that drained her. She didn't have the strength to take him any farther. Hopefully, he would be fine if she out him here. 

El placed Mike down on the ground gently. After, she rubbed the blood from her nose onto her sleeve. Mike looked so peaceful lying there, but she couldn't help but think that he could possibly be in pain.

Eleven kneeled down next to Mike, leaned in, and kissed him on the cheek. Then she got up, and hurried off back into the forest, to the box.