What Is Wrong With You?

~Mike's POV~

I sat in the basement in El's fort. I didn't want to leave that spot. I just wanted to be alone. Everyone was still eating dinner so hopefully no one would be bothering me anytime soon.

All of a sudden I heard a door creak open. I held my breathe, hoping whoever was downstairs wouldn't come looking in the fort. I heard faint footsteps coming down the stairs.

"Mike."

All of a sudden it was like I was in the void of darkness again. That strange dream where I had held El in my arms. It was such a wonderful dream, but of course, all good things have to come to an end. I just wish that I could hold her one more time-

"Mike? Hello?" A familiar voice asked. It was Max. She was waving her hand back and forth in front of my face. I stumbled backwards, surprised.

"What do you want?" I snapped.

"Well sorry. Why are you in such a bad mood?"

"Uh, none of your business."

Max was so ignorant.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

~Max's POV~

Were boys always so difficult?

"What's this fort for?" I asked. I stood up, and Mike stepped out of the fort, standing up next to me.

"Don't you think your mom would want to take this down?" I asked him. 

I reached out to touch one of the old blankets covering the fort, but I was abruptly stopped by Mike slapping my hand out of the way.

"Don't touch that!" He hissed.

"What is your problem? Everyone in this town is insane! What is wrong with you?" I yelled.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

~Mike's POV~

"What is wrong with you?"

Memories flooded in. I was in the dark void, again. Why do I keep ending up here? Maybe something was wrong with me.  Whenever anything reminded me of El, I would lose my train of thought. I was falling apart.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

~Max's POV~

Mike just stood there for a second. He was silent. All of a sudden, he stumbled backwards and passed out. Something was definitely wrong. He hit his head on the ground and lied there, silently. He didn't move a muscle.

"Mike? Mike are you okay?" I asked. I quickly rushed down by his side. I gently grabbed his shoulders and shook him.

"Mike! Mike say something? No no no, this isn't good. Mike! MIKE!" I yelled. I was really scared. What was wrong with him? I could feel tears welling up in my eyes. What was going on?

"Mike?"

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

~Mike's POV~

"Mike."

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

*Author's Note*

Oh no, cliffhanger! I hope you enjoyed this new chapter! I just wanted to say that I am so thankful for all of the positive feedback I am receiving! Thank you all so much for over 600 reads! It means so much to me! 

~Rocky