007

~Hopper's POV~

I couldn't help but feel a little out of it today at work. I was worried about El. Last night, her friends and she had gotten into a lot of trouble. I knew El wasn't her hurt, but that still didn't put my mind at ease.

Mike had gotten shot. But, what if it had been El? She was most likely hanging around Mike. She had been so close to being hurt. The thought made me feel sick to my stomach.

"Hopper? Hey, Hop?" Officer Callahan asked me as he waved his hand back and forth in front of my face.

"What is it?" I asked.

"I have been trying to get your attention for the last minute. Some lady has been bugging us for the past twenty minutes," Callahan said, exasperated.

"Yeah Chief. She said something about a kid with powers," Officer Powell budded in.

That definitely got my attention.

"Where is she?" I asked, standing up.

"The lady's waiting in the lobby. Flo said she's been very impatient," Officer Powell said.

I got up and walked toward the lobby.

When I walked in, the lady got up immediately.

"What did you want to to talk to me about?" I asked her.

"Can we talk outside?" She asked me.

"Uh, I guess so."

The two of us stepped outside.

"I'm agent Garcia. I work for Hawkins Laboratory. You're going to have to come with me. Dr. Owens has requested you immediately," She told me.

"What? But I thought they abandoned the old laboratory?" I asked.

"Please do not ask any further questions. This is an urgent matter. You can discuss more with Dr. Owens," she said.

I did as I was told and went into the car with her. The two of us started to trip to Hawkins Laboratory.

When we arrived at the laboratory, I was escorted into a private room. Agent Garcia shut the door so that only the Doctor and I were there, left alone to discuss whatever seemed to be the problem.

"Why do you need me? I thought you guys evacuated this place?" I asked.

"After so convincing, the government handed the building back over as long as we stayed more secretive. We are no longer allowed to experiment with the portal or with children like Eleven," The Doctor said.

"So what can you do?" I asked.

"We must fix our mistakes."

"Mistakes? What mistakes? I thought El closed the portal?"

"Eleven did close the portal, but that wasn't the only problem," Dr. Owens said.

He laid down a few files on the table before us.

"The lab likes to keep things as secretive as possible. Most children who were experimented on Dr. Brenner didn't say what happened to them. I assume it's best if it stays that way, but, there are a few escapees."

I picked up the files. There were three files, each with a number on them. The first file had the number 011 on it. The second file had the number 008. The last file read 007.

"We no Eleven is no longer a threat. We have spent years trying to locate the others. Eight we assume is somewhere in one of the surrounding states, but she no longer poses a threat to Hawkins, for now at least."

Dr. Ownes grabbed the file that read 007 and placed it down on the table.

"Seven, on the other hand, is a threat. We are uncertain of her powers, but we know she is close to Hawkins."

"What do you mean you don't know what her powers are? Didn't you guys experiment with her?"

"We were not around for that. Dr. Brenner and his old team were in charge back then. We know Eleven's powers are telekinesis, and Eight has the power to make you see things that really aren't there. We don't know what Seven can do, but we do know she is dangerous."

"So why are you telling me this?"

"Because we believe she had a role to play in the incident last night with El and her friends."

"Wait, how do you know about that?"

"We know a lot of things, Jim."

Dr. Ownes picked up the files.

"Let me know if you see anything suspicious, and I'll do likewise," he said.

Then Agent Garcia escorted me out.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Thank you all so much for over 2k views! I am so thankful for all of the positive feedback! Thank you all so much! It means a lot to me. I really hope you're enjoying my story. I have a very exciting story arch planned!  ~Rocky