The Robbery

~Max's POV~

I was so scared when the men in ski-masks came in shouting. I had never experienced something like that before. The guys and I all fell to the ground and sat down with our backs against the counter. 

I started breathing heavily. I was trying my best not to panic. I started looking around. Children, parents, and middle schoolers were all on the ground or hiding, trying not to make any sudden movements.

I turned to see Mike looking at the guys. We made eye contact. I saw something in his eyes. I knew what he was going to do. A pit grew in my stomach. I had a feeling things wouldn't be ending well.

"TAKE US TO THE SAFE!" One of the men shouted at the frightened cashier.

"I-I can't," she stuttered.

The man held up a gun and pointed in her direction.

"LEAD THE WAY, NOW!" He ordered. 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

~Mike's POV~

It's sickening, seeing those guys be so awful to the cashier. I know I have to do something about it. 

I quietly turn the corner, and stand up, behind the two men. I pounce on the back of the man that had been pointing the gun at the cashier. The gun slips from his hands, and onto the floor. The man desperately tries to get me off of his back and is turning around in circles. 

The other robber pulls me by the arm, and off of his partner in crime. He then grabs me by the shirt, pushing me into the wall.

"What the heck do you think you're doing, kid?" He asks.

I gulp, and try my best not to make a wrong move. All eyes are on me. Frightened children, friends, and adults.

"I ASKED YOU A QUESTION!" He yells and pulls a gun out. He holds it up, mere inches from my face.

A huge commotion comes from the main room, where everyone is hiding. Cries of panic break out.

I watch as the other robber goes over to where the hiding customers are, and starts scaring and threatening them. I am still held against the wall at gunpoint. I watch as the man messes with the trigger. I start getting really nervous. Maybe this wasn't the best idea.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

~El's POV~

I finally got Hopper to agree to let me go out into town. Well, I technically had to stay in the car the whole time, but at least I would be able to look out the window of the familiar places.

Hopper said he would pick up some donuts at the police station, and we could sit in the car together eating them. When we pulled up to the station, he quickly hopped out of the car inside the building. A few minutes later, he came in with a paper bag full of donuts. As he made his way to the car, he held the bag up in his hand, smiling.

He got in and shut the car door.

"I hope you like the glazed kid because that's all they had left," he said.

"Yes, I do," I said, smiling.

He handed me a donut, and I took a bite of it. Glazed were my favorites. Hopper was about to eat his when all of a sudden, a frantic voice came over his radio.

"Hopper, Hopper, it's an emergency!" A voice said.

"Flo, what do you consider an emergency?" Hopper asked.

"There's a robbery on Mulberry at the new dessert shop. The robbers have guns. I got a call from someone who had left the building right before the thieves came in. They said that there are children and middle schoolers in there, including that Byers kid and his friends," Flo said over the radio.

"Guns?!?!? I'll be there right away," Hopper replied, putting the key into his car.

"Where are we going?" I asked.

"Sorry kid, I have something I have to take care of. When we get to the store, just wait in the car, ok?"

"Ok," I said.

We drove for a short while until Hopper pulled up in front of a store. He quickly got out of the car and stealthily made his way around the back.

I know he said not to get out of the car, but I didn't promise. One quick look wouldn't hurt. I had never seen a robbery before, and I wasn't quite sure what it was.

I sneaked up in front and peered into the window. I saw many scared people hiding, on the ground, or under tables. I saw some familiar people leaning against the counter. My friends. There was a girl with red hair, Dustin, Lucas, Will and-

I looked, but there was no Mike. Then I heard shouting and children crying. I looked up to see Mike on the back of one of the men with guns. I watched as they pulled him off, and grabbed him by the collar of his shirt pinning him against the wall.

I was furious! How could they do something like that! I wanted to do something, but I knew that Hopper didn't want me involved. Hopefully, he would come in soon and save my friends.

Then, one of the men put a gun right up to Mike's face, only a few inches away. They were going to hurt Mike if I didn't do anything. I thought about what Hopper had told me, but I would rather get scolded than sit by and have to watch Mike in pain.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

~Mike's POV~

As the man started to pull the trigger, I closed my eyes, ready for the worst. A gunshot fired. I opened my eyes.

On the ground before, layed two destroyed guns that had belonged to the robbers. The robbers were pinned against the wall as if a magnet was holding them to it.

Hopper ran in around the back.

"I heard a gunshot! Is everyone ok?" he asked.

I nodded. Hopper walked over to the two men. They fell to the ground, in shock. Hopper placed handcuffs on them. I watched as police cars pulled up, and officers came in to take the men away.

"Hopper, you came just in time! Mike almost died!" Will shouted.

"What?" Hopper asked.

"Yeah, Mike attacked one of the guys, and then they were about to shoot him. All of a sudden, the guns were twisted and the two robbers were thrown against the wall! Pretty cool right?" Dustin prompted.

Thrown against the wall. The Demogorgon had been thrown the same way. I ran over to the window and looked out. There was no one there.