A Terrible Morning

~Mike's POV~

I walked down stairs into the kitchen for breakfast. It had been a long night. It wasn't unusual for me to cry myself to sleep. In fact, it was pretty common. Of course, my parents paid no attention to it. They were oblivious. It's not like they'd understand anyways.

I sat down at the table. Mom was finishing up the scrambled eggs. Nancy was pouring Holly some orange juice. All of a sudden something popped up, out of the toaster. Mom ran over and placed the food from the toaster on a plate, and gave it to Holly. Eggos.

All of a sudden I felt a sick feeling in my stomach. My mom put down a plate of food in front of me. I could tell Nancy had seen that I saw the Eggos, because she gave me a concerned look. I had eggs, bacon, and toast on my plate. I turned to see Holly munching on one of the Eggo waffles. It made me feel sick.

"Oh, Michael, I forgot to tell you. The Hargroves are coming over for dinner tonight!"

"Hargroves?" I asked.

"Our new neighbors! I think you two going to love them! They have a son around Nancy's age, and daughter your age Mike! She is going to be in your class this year! I'm sure you guys will get along great! You two might have met before. She has read hair, and her name's Maxine. Does that ring a bell?"

I choked on my food.

"Michael, are you okay?"

"Uh, I don't feel so good," I said, glancing back at the Eggos. I turned and ran downstairs to the basement, slamming the door.

"Mike! Michael! Michael Wheeler come back up here-"

"Mom, just let him be," Nancy said, trying to calm her mom down.

"Sometimes I just don't understand that boy!"