Chapter 1: Party Troubles

"Ok so I'm going to be straight with you and everyone right now, being at a party at Eleven 'o clock at night is not on my list, I'm too tired also considering you know how my mom is, Nathan honestly." I said speaking with my dim witted friend on the phone.

  "Look Joseph just come and sneak back in the house it's really simple, plus we don't have school tomorrow it's Saturday." He laughed.

   "Oh yeah" I realized in my head. "Fine I swear to God if anything happens I'm snitching on you, its better than facing my mom. Deal?"

"Alright hurry up though man."

"Fine" I said knowing I was going to take my sweet ass time.

   I finally made it in front of the house when I heard booming trap music, I mean come on what do kids listen to these days. As I made why way into the party it was alright because I just ate some chips and cruised throught people. In there there was this vibe that made you want to leave.

  No-one was having fun, just sitting down on their phones.

  I met up with Nathan and he handed me a cup with soda. "Thanks anyway why are you even here?" I asked. "Im bored, better than being at home." He shrugged.

  "Hey why dont we just go home, its better than being here." I raised my voice as the music grew louder. I told nathan I was going to go outside and that i'll text him once I wanted to leave. On the way to the front porch, I accidentally hit someones drink out of their hand and it landed on a person right in front of me.

  "Are you fucking serious, you wet my phone. Motherfucker me and you are going to have problems!" The guy got up and faced me about half a foot away. I knew he wanted to fight, but I really didn't want to.

  The music stopped now, everyone was gathering around us as the guy started getting ready to throw a punch. "Look it was an accident man, you need to chill." I said before recieving a blow to the cheek. "I need to chill, you started it fucker!" He ran towards me and we started brawling. He kept getting hits on me. I was too slow to move away. Nathan saw the commotion and tried to help me out but was blocked by the guys friends. "Mess with me and i'll fuck you up!" He kept yelling. I then got tired of it so I stood straight up and fought back, getting two hits in before falling. Now I was drowsy. I felt like I was going knock out. I didn't feel much pain in my face as there were more body blows. I was shaking, I was scared.

The guy backed off and so did the other people. Actually everyone started running. From what, well none other than sirens. The flashing lights, the screeches when they came to a halt, I looked at Nathan and and darted "Run!" My senses came back to me and I immediately snapped back into reality. He immediately took notice and ran after me.

  Soon after everyone started to run after us. We ran out the back and we jumped a fence.

  "Holy crap, HOLY crap!" I said out of breath. It turns out the next door neighbors had called the police about the fight and the party.

  I remembered that I had left my phone in the couch when I was at the party. "Shit! I have to go back!"

  "Im going back, if they found out I was there, im dead. My mom will find out. I need my phone." I said breaking a cold sweat.

   "Well i'm not going, if theres two of us it's likely we'll be caught." Nathan panted. "Its fine I was going to tell you anyway."

  "Well see you man be careful." I took a step and started running back.

  As I got to the house, I watched as many kids were detained and as all the police were focused on them and the neighbors. There was the guy and he almost noticed me. I knew he would rat me out. I leaned against a wall breathing as soft as I could trying to think straight, about to enter the house.

  I ran inside from the back and tried not to draw attention. I saw my phone and jumped for it and ran out just as a officer walked in. I literally was shaking still.  I couldn't help the fact that I literally got my ass beat today. I walked home defeated that day.