Chapter 7: Mood

So as the day went by, my bruises were more noticeable. People took notice of that and I had to explain I was taking "boxing" classes. Then came english class.

  As I walked in, I already had eyes on me as people looked at the baggy grey sweater I was wearing. I turned to sit down in my seat until I found a student sitting in it. He was the guy from the party and I guess he heard I started training.

  "Thats my seat, I think you made a mistake." I asked him. He looked at me and put his feet on my desk. "Fuck off, I don't give a damn if this is your seat or not. I really wasn't in the mood to deal with this crap so I grabbed my seat as hard as I could and dragged the boy out pushing him to the the other side of the row, chair included.

  People started looking this way as he was confused and the sound the chair made. "Oohs" and "Aahs" were murmured around the class. See the instructor wasn't here so we could do as we pleased. I grabbed another chair and sat while tossing my bag on the desk.

  See everyone was shocked because I moved another human a few feet away from me, damn near picking him up. The boy got up and grabbed my bag and threw it on the floor. See this pissed me off, I had a sandwich in there.

   "You think your tough, don't get cocky bitch." This guy was furious now. He was preparing to throw a punch. People started to take their phones out.

  "There, that's it! Damn I don't even need to go all out, maybe just one." I saw my opening as he was about to hit. I pushed him back and he fell to the ground. On the desk near me I grabbed a pair of scissors and once he got up he immediately backed up. So did some other kids. They assumed I was going to use scissors against them.

  "The hell are you doing, don't be a bitch and fight!" He yelled nervously.

  "Theses aren't for you dumbass, hold on." I grabbed my sweater and proceeded to take it off. The weights were holding me back as the duct-tape was sticking to the inside. Once off, everyone gasped at the sight they saw.

  There on my forearms were weights of at least 15 lb each. I already had them heavier since the other day, and I haven't gotten used to them.

  "What the fuck, what the hell are you!" The boy was shocked. Everyone was staring at the weights and some bruises I had left over and continued to film and take pictures.

  The scissors, now that I needed them,  I picked them up and proceeded to cut open the duct-tape on my right forearm. The weight dropped onto the carpet below and I dropped the scissors, and started rubbing my wrist.

  The weight made a "plop"on the floor, the sound dampened by the carpet. I stretched my arm out feeling much better on my right side.

  "We don't have to do this man, just apologize and we can make up and you buy me a sandwich ok, also the teacher should be here any minute. You and I both know your not going to win, even if you call your other friends." I looked him dead in the eyes. His eyes widened. I guess my intimidation face worked now.

  He sat down in the other seat and gave me three dollars for the sandwich. He was pissed, I could tell. Other people started asking me questions about the weights and started posting about me. I soon drew many people's attention, and soon everyone never wanted to start problems with me.

  Once the instructor came, noone spoke a word, all of them shut for me. I was relaxed for that portion of the day even though I knew I was going to be chewed out by Leo for going public and taking off a weight.

                         ********

After school I walked home when a girl came up to me. She had black hair and was thin with features. I looked at her and blushed not even paying attention to my surroundings. I knew her from somewhere though.

  "Heyy your Joseph right? Im Vanessa, hi. I saw your fight and well I just have to say that that guy had it coming, he's an asshole." She laughed. She almost gasped as she hit me on the head.

  "Oh wait a minute, i've seen you before, Water bottle boy!" I quickly realized this was that girl from the gym and I internally screamed. I was listening while rubbing my head.

  "This girl went to my school!" I never saw her around though.

  "Thats insane I never thought i'd see you again, I lost your number and well here you are." I was amazed how fate got me this time. I was nervous, she had seen my fight and I was as vague as possible.

   "Oh yeah well yeah I mean they started it. He had it coming." We continued to walk down the street.

  "Do you take fighting lessons or what? Also those weights, thats crazy, what kind of training do you do!?" She asked curiously.

  I smiled at her question. "Those weights are just a method, i'm used to them now. "Do you live around here?" I asked.

  She said yes and she told me that she had to hurry as she ran off to her house. She left me her number so I could call her later.

  "Don't forget it this time ok Joseph!"  I made sure to put it in my phone this time. It was Friday so I looked foward to calling her. Now I had to stop drawing too much attention to myself.

  "Well damn." I thought. I walked home that day and took a shower, a cold one at that. When I got out my mom saw me and wanted to talk to me. She met leo apparently the last time he dropped me off. I didn't notice as I slept quick that day. She wanted me to be careful and that I could always back down if I wanted too.

  With all these people supporting me, I couldn't back down now.