Chapter 20: Rose

"Yeah they do have space, holy crap!" Chase gasped as did we all when we saw the house. It was huge, more like a mansion. "Wow, that's incredible!" I thought as we walked up to the front porch. There stood a man in a uniform, who I presumed was a Butler. I walked up and tried to shake his hand and I stopped once he eyed me. His eyes had death written all over them. I didn't say anything but backed up and started to sweat.

  "Oh that's zushi, don't worry he's really friendly!" Chris said as other butler's started carrying our stuff into the house. "Zushi, you are to treat them as if I was them." Christian ordered him. Zushi knelt down and offered his hand as he apologized.

  "No need to say sorry, my name's Joseph by the way, how are you?" I told him to make him feel better. He looked up with sorrow in his eyes, like he was trying to tell me something.

   "I am fine Master Jo, no need to worry about me, please make yourself at home." He welcomed me inside as we entered the house. "No need to call me master or anything Zushi, i'm not royal or anything." Before he could even answer me Chris spoke.

   "Please accept my hospitality, my butlers will treat you all with the highest respect I can offer." Chris eyed us all and then Chase didn't take his eyes off once we went inside. Chris told us to make ourselves at home, and that dinner would be ready later.

  Now inside, Zushi handed me a card as did the other butlers to my friends. It had the number 13 on it and I asked what it was for. "Your room number, as your friends have 14, 15, 16, and so on. If you'd like I can show you to your room?" "Yes, but hey, is there a problem if we share rooms?" I said looking at Vanessa. I wanted her with me, this place was weird.

  "I cannot allow that Master Jo, fortunately, I can grant her to stay tonight in your room since you will be staying for today only, yes?" I looked at him and nodded. He started to take me to my room and I grabbed Vanessa's hand as we walked in it's direction. The gang followed after. Once I got to my room I opened it up and laughed in suprise as I saw this "palace" that destroyed my aparment.

  "Holy..." I was at loss for words. Inside there was a King size bed, A plasma 80 in. tv and I was just amazed at how Chris and his family treated their guests. "Chris?" I almost forgot as I thought about him. There was something wrong with him, I just couldn't place my finger on it. Vanessa walked in and gasped at the view.

  "It's amazing isn't it?" She asked me as I nodded. "Yeah, man i'm hungry, I would love pasta right now." Vanessa laughed and went to take a shower. "Your coming." It wasn't a question, so I hopped out of my clothes and ran into the restroom with a towel in my hand.

  Later when me and Vanessa were relaxing on the bed, a knock came from the door. I put on a shirt and opened it up to Zushi. "Oh.., hi Zushi. What's up?" Zushi looked at me and smiled. "Dinner is ready, please dress yourself and follow me, I will wait by the door." He smiled as he walked to the door. I grabbed my clothes and noticed they put gi for me beside the bed. I was confused, how did they know I fought? I put that question aside for later as I put my clothes on and walked out, Vanessa following behind.

  Zushi led us to the dining room, a huge table with many seats. There waiting were Rale, Chase, Michelle, and Nathan. Vanessa and I sat next to them as butlers started piling in the room, pushing carts of trays. I could already smell what I assumed was, pasta?

  "Hey that's really weird.. I wanted pasta too." I said confused as the butlers set down the trays. Now walked in Chris, who was dressed in a white tuxedo, I mean like damn! He walked in with his family and introduced them. "Well look at you guys, you all look amazing! Well here Lucinda, my daughter, Mary, the other. The two boys, Giovanni and Colt." I looked at them all standing by and I noticed his wife as well. "I am Gabrielle." She stuck out her hand as I shook it. "Well then let's eat!" Chris said all his children sat by us. 30 minutes passed by until Chris spoke.

  "Well then Joseph, I hear your a fighter!" I almost spat out my food. "He knew, I knew it!" "Uh.. Uh, how did you know?" I coughed. "I've studied you, actually i've studied all of you." Now everyone of us stopped eating.

  "How, isn't that a little creepy?" Vanessa asked as the others nodded. "Why, I just want to know if you guys are dangerous, I don't want criminals in my home." Rale was furious now. "Your the one who invited us!" He hissed.

  Chris just looked at him and smiled, his attention returning to me. "Anyways, Joseph you fight yes? I would love for you to see my ring." My mind was curious and cautious at the same time. "Yes." I hesitated. He seemed happy about it.

   "Well see here, my boys here are quite skilled themselves, would you care to fight them in a few days?" I needed to leave this place, this wasn't the reason I came. "I can't, see i'm busy. But thank you for the offer."

  "Please, fight them, I would pay you greatly if you win, plus I have many spectators that would love to see you in action." Chris was serious now. I looked at my friends, wondering if I should do it or not. "It sounds promising, just that it's your desiscion." Nathan told me.

  "I don't know man, it seems sketchy, but it would be good to test your training." Chase added. Vanessa, Michelle and Rale told me the same thing. "Fine, but what happens if I lose?" I looked at him setting down my fork. "Oh if you lose, all you have to is pick the roses on that hill." Chris pointed into the distance out the window. "Wait, roses? What do you mean?" He started laughing.

  "See Joseph, your a talented fighter, I dont need anything from you so thats why I made the penalty for the loser so easy." I eyed him, what was he planning?

  We were going to stay then, at least until the fight started. "Why roses, that's such an odd request!" I thought as I continued eating.