Chapter 10: Options

"Hello?" Leo answered me over the phone. "Hey.. Leo soo something came up and well somebody wants to recruit me, and well that would mean that I can't train with you if I do. He's young and well see this guy named Cha-" Leo stopped me mid sentence.

  "First off when it's something like this you tell me face to face, don't be stupid. Second it's your choice kid, im not forcing you but if you feel you need the help do it. He might be able to teach you something. Your still behind some. He could connect with you since he's younger." He told me over the phone.

  I realized that this would be good for me, and that I knew what I wanted to do.

  "Do it kid, show them what your made of, he won't go easy on you like I did. Also come over to my house I have something for you." Leo was serious and hung up afterwards.

   I grabbed my phone and proceeded to dial as I walked out the front porch. Chase answered right when I dialed.

  "A little early arent you?" It was the day right after. "So what's it going to be?" I clutched my phone and spoke.

  "Yes! I mean, yeah, i'm interested." I said not trying to make it obvious. I was confident. I knew what I wanted.

  He couldn't help but laugh. "Fine then, at 1'o clock later meet me at the Lanes warehouses by the 7/11, don't be late." He hung up and I sat down. Was I really ready? I wouldn't know until I fought.

  This was it, i'm going to be trained now, even harder than before. I hope I could endure and try to keep up.

  During the free time I had until I had to go to the warehouses, I stopped by Leo's to have a meal and talk to him.

  Once I got there we went in the living room and ate some burgers. It was the first time he actually accepted my food. "So this is it, huh?" I asked while drinking water.

  "I guess so, look kid this time it's going to be harder, if you have to fight, you have to know when to back down, if you can't do that then your finished. You can't hesitate either, you play by their rules, or you can be severely injured, you hear me?" He told me as he grabbed a box beside him and handed it to me.

  I opened it and inside was tape, blue wrapping tape. "Wow." I said. They were amazing. "Use those for your first fight. You have a fire in you kid, I saw it. He curved a smile. I looked at him my eyes tearing up and gave him a hug.

  "Hey wait-" he said as I hugged him. I had one last question. "So tell me, why did you help me in the first place, there's a reason behind it isn't there?"

  He looked at me and told me. "Those clothes I gave you were my son's. He was just like you, the thing is he passed away getting mugged by a man with a gun, never found the bastard." He looked away. I never knew this would be his response.

  "Im sorry Leo, please forgive me for being so rude." I said I felt the pain in his eyes when he turned back.

  "Thank you, I guess that's why I helped you, it was like a second chance to help my son, just that I saw him in you." I got up and shook his hand.

  "When I saw you out there defenseless and ready to accept your fate I couldn't help it. I waited to see what you would do, it turns out some people are fragile, but not you, your different. You broke out of your shell." He turned to me again this time I could tell he was about to cry.

  "I'm doing this for you ok, and your son. Im going to show the world that i'm not the same kid I was 5 months ago!" I said as I grabbed the box and walked out the door.

  "Do it Sam." Leo said as I walked out the door. I didn't correct him, I knew better. That was his son's name. As I closed the door I could've swore I heard sobbing as I walked away. I let Leo be, he deserved it after all he's been through.

  I smiled and walked to the warehouses, clutching the tape with my head held high to where my new destiny lied in wait.

  A.N.

  Ok im going to legit cry, this chapter got me deep, even though I wrote it. It felt like I let out my feelings on this one. This was not the way I wanted things to go but it's even better this way.