Chapter 26: Wounds

"You see, you are all my pawns! You will do what I say or you will die, is that clear!?" Chris yelled at us as I could tell that Chase was infuriated, I had to calm him down before he did anything stupid. "Ahh!" Chase yelled as the men started pointing their guns at us. I tried to grab him but I was too late as he lept up the stage and started darting towards Chris in his final will to fight.

"Noo!" I ran towards him but the men shot a few bullets, missing me but hitting Chase. Chase slowed down and fell to the ground with a thump! I was frozen, my friend was shot right before my eyes, I could have stopped him, I failed. I dropped to my knees and grabbed what I assumed was the lifeless husk of my friend and started sobbing. The men started cocking their guns and pinning me to the ground as some started looking away.

"Get them and take them away, that's enough for now." Chris's face was grim, no smile at all. He looked disappointed, staring at me with his cold eyes. I got up as the men walked towards me ready to fire but I couldn't even move anymore. My friend was dead, I knew it. I let his body down as I looked towards the others as Rale was furious but he knew he couldn't do anything as I gave him that look. I looked towards Vanessa, Nathan and Michelle as the men grabbed me and tied me up.

I felt empty now, I stopped crying, I couldn't cry. As Chris walked out the door, the men took us and sat us in a van. I didn't know were they were taking us, but I didn't care until the rage crept up on me and once Chris started talking as we walked out he looked towards me, his mouth opening but closing with a smirk. "Ahhh!" I grabbed the man next to me and wrapping my bondage around his neck making him fall to the ground and getting his gun, hitting another in the shin.

  Rale followed after as Nathan jumped on another man and I ran towards Chris, who was now walking back. I stopped and ducked another hit and kept on my pursuit. They must have not been using their guns since Chris was near. I jumped over another one, breaking my bondages. I was furious, I had to stop him. I was pissed, my friend was killed by these men, no shame at all.

  They had to pay, no Chris did! I ran even faster than I ever have, dodging hits until my face met Chris's fist, but it didn't faze me. I gritted my teeth and countered with a upper cut to his jaw. He looked suprised, but he wasn't going down so easily, he grabbed me and threw me down as some other man trailed towards me. I got up and fought them off, they weren't a match for me.

  I went back to Chris, who was now taking off his jacket. I grinned, the blood on my lip I could now taste. I was even more infuriated but now, I was going to even further lengths now. I had to kill him! I grabbed his arm and elbowed his forearm and moved up to his neck and smashed my head into his nose. He backed up staggering now.

  Then out the door came Giovanni and Colt, each rushing into me, crushing me to the floor with the weight of their fists. I gasped as I let out blood and the grabbed my arms and I started panicking because this felt all to familiar. I couldn't move and I couldn't look up as they had me pinned down. "Gah!" I let out as a foot crashed down into my chest. I felt so weak, I couldn't hold on any longer. My eyes were closing and I kept coming back into reality each time Chris stepped on me.

  "This is it, I.. I'm sorry sorry, Leo I did what you asked but this is too much. I can't keep this up. Theres only so much I can do. I think this is where I stop, I'm done." I thought as my final thought. My eyes started blurring with tears as my hearing went out as well. I looked back, my friends were being dragged out, screaming at me to get up. Chris kept talking as he kept on beating me. This was it, it was over for me. I never stopped to think about how I would die.

  "I'm sorry!" I cried out. It was more of a whisper as I closed my eyes for one last time until I jolted up with a BANG! I looked up, seeing Chris fall to the ground, lifeless. The culprit, noneother than Lucinda. Giovanni and Colt jumped up after her as she pointed and shot. Everyone stopped fighting and stared as the Rosè men fell to the ground with a thud. I looked up, tired and confused. Was it really over? The men all stopped and didn't know what to do.

  "Oh thank god!" One said as the others dropped their guns. "You freed us, we are saved!" They all started cheering as I looked back at Lucinda on the floor sobbing, her head in the rug. I took the gun out of her hand and picked her up and put her in a seat. I grabbed her hand and told her that everything was going to be ok and that it was over. She looked at me, her eyes full of red and sadness, a little bit of relief and she told me that she wanted to come back with me and the rest.

  "Sure."

                         *********
  I laid down the flowers as the casket lowered into the ground and started to hold back tears but I just couldn't. Vanessa squeezed my hand as I started sobbing in her shoulder and I had to accept the fact that Chase was gone. I looked as they started filling the grave with soil and I got up as I got ready to leave with the others. We had to be quick as we had to leave early. Lucinda was coming back with us now and we planned to look for a apartment for her. We don't know what happened to Gabriella or Mary but they were never heard from again. Zushi went back home and got the bomb removed from his head as did many others.

  I looked out the truck as we made our way to the airport and smiled. I was happy we made it out. I took one breath before stepping of the truck and as did everyone else. We all grabbed our bags smiling with our beaten up faces and started running as soon as we heard it was our last call for the plane. As we got on we were sitting near eachother but I sat next to Lucinda instead of Vanessa, who was now asleep, as was everyone else except Lucinda, I, and a few other people.

  I started dozing off as I noticed something odd. A rose was in a person's hand in the seat in front of me. I looked around and sure enough, others had them too. "No.. It couldn't be." I muttered as Lucinda dozed off to sleep. I grabbed my seat as the flight attendant spoke into the loud speaker muttering the last words I never thought to hear.

  "It's not over Joseph. It has barely even begun. Sit back and enjoy your flight, you must be so tired." I was confused, what did she mean. It didn't matter anymore, I soon fell asleep after.

  It wasn't over?