Chapter 21: Creak

I was laying in bed as Vanessa stepped out of the restroom, walking with her towel, drying her hair. "Hey babe, what's wrong?" Vanessa asked as she grabbed her brush. "I don't know, it's just.." I couldn't answer, what was I going to even say? "It's this place, huh? I have a weird feeling about that guy." I looked at Vanessa and smiled.

  "Well it's a good time to test my training, and well Chris said he would pay us money if we won. Wouldn't that help us out?" She nodded as she kept brushing.

  "But still there's something wrong with him, all of them." I thought. Vanessa layed down and turned off the lights. I joined her but after making a change in my sleeping routine. I was going to explore the house!

  12:49 read on my bedside clock as I slid out of the bed from Vanessa's side and put on my slippers. I tried opening the door as slow as I could but it was making the most noticeable creak. I slid through the opening and made it out, creeping down the hall way. As I made my way down stairs, I looked and noticed that they literally had pictures of roses framed on their wall.

  "What's with all these roses?" I asked myself as I made my descent. Once I touched the first floor, I darted around the corner and saw a lit room. As I made my way towards it, my mouth got covered by someone. As I turned around gasping for air, I realized it was Lucinda, I didn't even notice her presence!

  "Holy... Crap! What are you doing up?" I whispered. She shushed me and took me to a closet and closed the door. "You know, I could ask you the same question, Jo." She giggled as she grabbed my hand. I was uncomfortable, pushed against this young woman.

  "Erm.. well i'm taking a breather, why are we in here it's so cramped!" I breathed in and tried to push her off off me as she pushed closer. "Um, so... i'm going back to my room, ok?" She covered my mouth again. I yelled, my screams muffled. This was pissing me off, what did she want?

  "Oh no, you can't leave yet, the fun has just begun! Play a little game with me Joseph, unless you want to hurt my feelings?" She purred.

  "Look Lucinda, was it? I have to go back now, my girlfriend will kill me if she saw me playing with another woman at night, so yeah ima have to raincheck on that." I tried to open the door but Lucinda grabbed my hand and wrapped it around her waist.

  "No, no! We will play this game or I shall cut you down!" Lucinda pulled out a thin blade from her skirt and pushed it against my skin.

   "What the hell..., what game!? Why the knife?!" She grabbed my hand tighter and and just stared into my eyes. I was sweating now, and all I could see was my dim reflection casted on her irises. "Hide and seek!" She purred as she crept closer onto me.

  "Oh crap, oh crap..., don't you dare!" I was getting turned on! She must have noticed because now she jumped on me. I had to end this, this girl was crazy! I grabbed Lucinda's hand and she dropped her knife, then making my get away. I opened the closet door and almost forgot I was trying to avoid making noise.

  "Haa... haaa." I was panting now, my sweat dripping on the floor as Lucinda appeared behind me. I turned around and backed up as she grabbed the knife and moved towards me like a rag doll. "Ok, what the hell!" I thought as I looked around, I spotted a blouse that fell out of the closet as I was escaping. I grabbed it and tossed it up, distracting Lucinda for a split second, now I darted up the stairs as I swore I heard something come from her lips.

  "The game has begun." She whispered. I panicked, I couldn't hit this woman, but what the hell did she want with me!? As soon as I hit the last step, I turned back and spotted Lucinda darting to the side of a corner. "Crap!" I felt a sense of relief because I assumed that the stairs were the only way to get up, but as soon as I questioned that, a knife flew past me, hitting the wall. Thwip!

  "Ok, she wants to kill me, welp time for action!"  Lucinda probably thought I wasn't going to fight her, but I realized I would defend myself, catching her off gaurd. Sure enough, I was right. She came out of nowhere as she landed a direct hit to my face. I grabbed her arm and threw Lucinda to the ground, suprising her. She looked up and bit her lip.

   "Stop! Don't think i'm playing, you hear me! This isn-" I was whispering until she poked my eyes and I started to yell into my shirt. She escaped my grasp and I felt a kick to my back and swung, but hit nothing. "Look you found me, stop this!" I said trying to see through the dark. Then another knife grazed my cheek as it hit the wall. "Ahh!" I gasped but remained calm as a trickle of blood left the cut. I walked forward but I fell when I recieved a slash to my heel. I fell to the floor, staring at Lucinda now.

  "Well, that's enough for tonight, go get some rest, the others are left. It was nice playing with you." I looked at her as she got up and grabbed her knifes and skipped away. "Wait!" Lucinda stopped mid prance and looked at me, curiosity filling her eyes.

  "What is wrong with you guys, what do you want?" I asked as I got up. Lucinda's face changed. It was now cold as ice, she spoke with a evil tone. "Oh your so beautiful, it's a shame I cut that face of yours." She walked up to me and grabbed my hands before I could push her away. "Her grip is incredible!" I thought as she neared closer to me, licking my cut. Her grasp loosened and she let me be.

  "Oh, nothing really, just that we want you to go pick those roses." She walked away now giggling and I didn't even pursure her, she wouldn't give me answers anyway. I ruffled my hair and took my confusion to my room. There was no point in staying out anyway.