Chapter 15: After

"Wake up!" My ears rang as Rale started laughing. "What the, bro let me sleep!" I started rubbing my eyes. "Where am I?" Rale started to explained to me, "Well since you fractured your arm, it's going ti heal in under a month, but go easy on it. Also since you were out, I took the liberty of ranking up. I couldn't be behind you, now we are on par with eachother. It's been a whole day!"

  "One day, damn so what now?" I asked. "Well your able to get up and go home, but just don't mention to anybody about the fight club, it's illegal you know? Anyway let's go see your friends after if you want." I got up and grabbed my shoes. School was coming back, I would have this cast to show for it. I walked out with Rale and we went to eat. "Ah McDonald's what will I do with out you?" I said as I hugged the pole with the giant yellow M. After we ate, we went to visit the first person on my list, Nathan.

  Once I got to his house, I knocked and waited for him to answer. When he did, he gasped when he saw me. "You.. Idiot! Where have you been!!" He smacked me on the head and shook my hand as we hugged quickly. "Sorry man, just alot of stuff has happened ever since we went to the movies." He looked at me and mouthed, "who's that?" "Oh thats Rale. Hey Rale, say hi!" Rale, now with sunglasses said, "Yo!"

  "Well its good seeing you man, your going to school again right, cause I think Vanessa's mad at you." "Holy crap! Ahhh!" I ran away as I left Nathan and Rale on the porch.
"Soo.. Whats up?" "Nothing much." They carried on like that as I darted.

  I was going to Vanessa's house. That was my destination. I haven't talked to her since the day I left. Once I got there, I damn near broke her door knocking on it. I waa panting, trying to catch my breath. She opened it and as soon as she saw me she broke into tears. "You... Why didn't you call! I thought something happened to you! I hate you! Why didn't you answer me!" She yelled as she cried. I grabbed her as she started to hit me. I didn't defend, I deserved those hits. It hurt, but not as much as her feelings. I hugged her, hearing muffled sobs.

  "I'm sorry Vanessa, I had to do this on my own, just know I love you ok? I didn't want to hurt you, please stop crying, talk to me." She stopped and let go of me and glared at me, her eyes red and full of sadness and anger. "What happened to you, where did you go? Was it something I did?" She was now whimpering.

   "No, not at all. This was something I had to do, but it's still not over. My arm broke, my earphones, and well yeah that's it." She looked at me confused. She then put her finger on me and trailed it over my arms. Then my chest. She perked her lips, not saying a word.

   "Um, I know what your thinking, your mad and well I can't blame you, but under-" Vanessa slapped me but before I could speak she kissed me. "Um... Um..." Was all I could think. We went on for another ten minutes until Nathan and Rale caught up with me and we stopped. "Damn!" The boys said as Vanessa wiped her face and I ruffled my hair. They all started laughing. This was good, friends, a good mentor becau-. "Leo! Guys get in the car quick, we are going to see Leo!" I told them to follow as we hopped in the car.

  Once on the way I was driving, but it was annoying with one hand, also the fact that everyone was jamming to music in the car. Once we got to Leo's house I got off by myself telling everyone to wait in the car. I knocked on the door and then it opened, and stood before me my first mentor, Leo. "So your back? I see you're injured, that's Joseph for you." He chuckled. "Hey, how you been, I've been keeping up the training and oh this," I held up my cast. "I fought the other day and yes, I won."

  Leo let out a smile. We continued to talk for a while after that. Then he invited the rest of us to eat and we all relaxed for that portion of the day. It was good, it felt good. School came back, and now it was time to go back to class. I didn't have the weights anymore as I didn't need them. Once claas started everyone started talking to me. I was popular, something I didn't want to be, everyone them signed my cast and wow, everyone knew about the fight. "What's next then, I haven't heard from Franko." I thought to myself clueless about the upcoming events.