Chapter 5: Training

Once I got to Leo's house I almost died when I walked into this cord in the middle of his living room. It was strapped to the back and end of the wall on each side.

"What kind of game of limbo is this?" I looked around confused. "You're going to be training this way. You need to be quicker at evading the opponent."

  "Oh I get it, it's a dodging exercise." I tried it out and I realized how helpful it was. I kept at it for 30 minutes until I realized I havent ate yet. I went to buy some food but Leo made me eat heathly food instead.

  I kept going to the gym and had the routine going. I soon started to gain more muscle and was slimmer. The course of training held on for more than a month. I continued to go over the course of the schedule.

  Once Leo felt that my training was improving he realized he had to push me harder.

   "But i'm turning up your training 5 times harder than it was before." He looked at me and gave me weights. He then duct taped two to my arms and gave me ankle weights as well. They eached weighed about 12 pounds each, it wasn't going to be that bad.

  I had to be faster, run with these weights, and move quickly without messing up. We continued at this pace for a couple of weeks until I realized my body was as weaker than it ever was. My wounds have healed over time already, just some newer ones from being too clumsy.

  Leo gave me the day off as a gift of all the training i've been doing, apparently I was tough considering how long i've lasted. He said that on Friday I could do whatever I wanted, just as long as I had the weights on.

  I kept this up and even though I was pushing myself to my limits, I could still feel growth in myself. In school I was doing better in classes, in P.E. I was incredible, running better. Theses weights may not be alot, but they really helped me.

  During the day I would be sparring with Leo as he kept getting the better of me. This man was way out of my league. I realized I had to do this not only for him but for myself too.

  I grabbed heavier weights and put them on, working double for two hours and then removing them keeping the other ones on.

  I realized that I needed more fighting experience so Leo helped me out. He was intimidating and he never held back when we fought. Every match I always had a new wound. But in the end it was all worth it.

A.N.

  You know as much as people hate getting hurt, they have a little part in their body that actually likes the pain. I mean I do. (I don't mean self-harm, honestly dont do that, please talk to me if you feel that way). I mean when pain comes unintentionally, then yeah that shock you feel from receiving it it's amazing. It makes you push harder.