Chapter 13: Battle plan

Toga walked into the room suprised at me. I actually woke up and had been training the whole night. I was in a flurry of energy. There beside my sleeping body was the ball and a piece of paper with the number 42. It had took me 42 tries to hit the ball.

  Toga woke me up and I showed him the video proof. He said it was fine and we moved on to the other two elbow moves, those being much easier. Then the legs, which wasn't my fortè. I put the weights back on, this time much heavier. I had to be much more agile than I ever was, I was barely D-class.

  Rale invited me to watch a fight to learn some tactics during. It was Ren,B-class vs Ike,B-class. I didn't know what to expect as soon as it started.

  "Ok you all know the rules, anything is allowed, death is instant win, yada-yada. You all know this, now lets name the challengers.

   In the left corner Ren!" He bows as the ref keeps going. "In the right, Ike!" The crowd was applauding as I was trying to look.

  "Ready," the two fighters tensed up. "Begin!" Ren made a move for Ike as he instinctively dodged. He then forced his foot into Ren's side, Ren falling to the ground in a beat. He swiftly got up drawing a, staff?! "Wait what the hell, since when can you use weapons, isn't that cheating?!" I yelled over the commotion.

  "No actually it isn't, now sit down and watch." Rale eyed me with annoyance. Rale was a really quiet guy that hated everything. At least that's what I assumed. "A clean hit from Ren!" The ref yelled into the mic. There stood Ike, with a bloody bruise on his face. "Hehe, still don't want to admit defeat?" Ren was panting talking to the bloddied Ike. Ike didn't look damaged at all, I mean yeah the bruise, but he was perfectly fine. Ren on the other hand, kept shaking his head and panting. I assumed he was tired until he went in for another hit.

  It was swift, clutching his staff he went in for a hit, this time tricking Ike by using his left hand to close a fist and connect it into Ike. "Honestly, why would I need to worry about a man like you, your really something. So arrogant, I thought you were a worthy opponent but alas, no." Ike said holding back the staff, Ren's fist did nothing.

   "He's weak. Ike did something to him the first time he swung the staff, but what?" Rale was now muttering to himself. I could barely hear him over the crowd. Ren started to clutch his side and the rail of the ring. "The hell do you mean? Im perfectly fine!" He yelled as he went in for more. The blows continued for another few minutes until finally it happened.

  "Your no match for me, yes your strong but, your too foward. You can't keep up with me if your unconcious." As Ike turned towards him, Ren seemed worse. He looked like a zombie, he seemed dead. "Why you, what did you do to me god damn!? Your dead!" Ren ran towards Ike, it was obvious he was going to lose. Ike hasn't even landed a hit on him. It was clear it was the end for him. The ref didn't even speak, he was intertwined with us as well.

  Crashh! The floor shook as Ren hit the ground. But everyone was really thinking, "What the hell happened?" I was confused, while Rale seemed to be sweating. He was worried. The ref checked Ren's pulse and sure enough he was alive, just unconcious. "Er, A knockout! Winner, Ike!" The crowd cheered while some of us stayed silent, wondering what happened. Ike smirked as he walked off the ring, dropping a needle on the floor. "He used some kind of tranquilizer to knock him out.

  Ike still recieved some damages though, he must have slipped the toxin while Ren was attacking, still that was dangerous on Ike's part, he could have lost if he wasn't fast enough. Only due to Ren not calming down and losing his temper, Ike took advantage of that." Rale kept muttering to himself. He seemed very observant of each fighter, I quickly became worried. "Has he payed attention to me?" I thought.

  As the fight ended I realized that these fighters not only rely on their skills, they need to know their opponent. This worried me, how would I do?