Chapter 12: New Friends, New Enemy

"Sok." "What's that?" I asked. I literally pictured socks in my mind. "It means elbow. Let's start with that. Let's try the uppercut elbow. To perform the elbow, you simply step towards your target and whip your elbow up vertically in a motion like if you were combing your hair. This takes little to no effort. Now, take off your sweater and remove your weights. Your target will be this ball." He said as he held out a stress ball.

  I grabbed the scissors Toga handed me and took off all four. It felt great. So I postitioned my elbow and tried it. It was sloppy but I realized what potential this attack had if used correctly. Toga set up the ball and tied it to some thread hanging from the ceiling. He said that my elbow had to reach the ball before the weekend ended. "Thats almost taller than 6 feet! You expect me to hit that!" I was 5'9, my elbow inches from it. Those inches felt like miles. All I had to do is hit it once and perfectly to move on.

  I prepared my stance while Toga left the room to let me concentrate. The only people who knew I picked this fighting style were Michelle and Toga. I had to make this my style. I was prepared to face anything standing in my way and I had to do it quick if I wanted to be able to fight. I proceeded to raise my elbow and keep at it for a good 30 minutes until I collapsed in sweat. My breaths were heavier. This was burning my arms out, this was exercise as well?

  I kept at it for another 2 hours taking breaks until Toga stopped by and told me to take a shower and wait until tomorrow. I needed to be well rested to try again. The day was ending soon, I was so caught up with the ball.

   "I didn't even know there were showers, I could really use one." I thought as I was thinking about going home for a change of clothes. "Oh yeah forgot to mention, the clothes that you use have to made of pure thread, no belts, no metal on any cloth." Toga yawned.

  I went to knock on Michelle's room to ask her about were I can get clothes and she took me to a large room full of it. "Pick your poision, anything you want, it can be tailored later to fit your requirements." She told me as she yawned. "Thanks." I said as I noticed she was wearing some too. I really haven't been paying attention to anything since I got here.

  As I was rummaging around looking for something to wear, something caught my eye. There was these sweat type of pants I liked. They looked baggy and I picked them. After, I picked up a shirt and found two sweat bands that I tried them on. I then found some random pair of new socks and another pair of pure sandals.The whole color was a extremely dark blue and well, I chose them for that reason.

  As I walked out the room Michelle told me that I would notice a change in myself as soon as I tried the clothes on. I was confused as to what she meant. She showed me to my room, which was amazing and I immediately started playing around.

  I knew I had to rest so I jumped in the shower, washing away all my thoughts for a good minute.

  Once I got out, drying my head and walking into the bedroom and checked the drawers. They were full of new clothes, all im my size. These people were amazing, I thought. I grabbed a water out of the mini-fridge and sat down on the bed and opened it, relaxing at last.

  I had my belongings all nearby, they took care of it. "Wow they even gave me a room, wow this place has hella funding!" I said relaxing. "Go to bed you're annoying!" My eyes shot open and I looked around. I heard a voice. In. My. Head!

  "Who the hell said that, I can do as I please!" I yelled. "Me." I heard it again. This time I knew It was in my head. This scared me, a person that coukd read minds, since when did earth update itself to have mind readers!

  'knock knock' came from my door. I froze. "What the hell is going on!" I thought. I went to the door ever so cautiously. I have never experienced something like this before in my life.

  I opened the door and a male around my age just stared at me, wide eyed and wondering who he was. "Can I help you, i'm kind of in the middle of something ok."

   "I can probably help you with it." He said. "Yeah... I don't think you can help me w-" "with mind readers?" The voice interrupted me. I stared at the boy and grabbed him and chucked him into my room. I slammed the door as soon as he hit the ground.

  "Ok explain now! I can't believe this crap, whats going on!" I yelled at the slumped over body on the floor as he got up.

  "Ok, ok fine, i'm sorry." He said laughing. He reached for my ear. "Hey chill, what are you doing!" I yelled. I was furious, what was going on?

   "You guys always get scared by something you don't understand. Look see its a ear-piece, a extremely small one at that. I was transmitting my voice recorded. That's why you didn't see me move my lips." He was holding up a black dot.

  "Oh wow can I see? He gave it to me and as soon as the dot landed in my hand, I threw it as fast as I could out the open window beside me. "I knew you would do that, you really think I would give you the real one?"

  "What the hell do you want anyway, can I go to bed?" I yawned, now irritated. "Look I can help you out. See rumor has it that a A-class fighter wants to fight you, no kill you." He said as he lent in.

  "Wait A-class fighter, why? What the hell did I do, I just joined the other day! Who is he!?"

  "His name is Franko, and currently you did something to him not to long ago. Look im going to be honest with you, I seen your first match and it wasn't bad. I took interest in you." I looked at him with confusion.

   "Fine tell me then, who are you, what rank are you and why are you helping me?" I said getting up and grabbing a water and tossing it to him. "My name is rale and I-" I stopped him mid sentence.

  "Ok i'm going to have to stop you right there, why does everyone have cool names!" Rale ignored me and continued. "Im rank 10, D-class."

  "Wait your my rank!?" I cut him off confused. "Yeah, you can be the same rank, now let me talk." He continued. "Ok so some of the hugher ranks like to pick off fresh meat like you and me, but in Franko's situation, I think he actually wants to kill you." Thoae words left me paralyzed. They made feel like when the cigarette man attacked me. I gulped and responded.

  "Ok so in order to keep them away, what do we do?" I asked. I really was on board with this.

  "We stick together and communictae using the ear pieces I made. You need to up your training and so do I. They can't know we talk, so we can't talk much during the day. We'll meet in a weeks time to see how we progressed, and here, try to be low key about it." He tossed me the ear piece and I put it on.

  I now had to worry about this Franco guy and the other high class members. This was it.