Chapter 6: Reality

As I was getting ready to make up an excuse to tell my mom why I didn't come home I grabbed my phone and ran out of Leo's house, late for school. I also had to run to school with the weights on.

  When I got to school I noticed there was a few empty seats in english class. I didn't think too much of it until a group of boys came in laughing and smirking.

I've seen them around in school so I knew they were transferred into this class. They stared at me and noticed my bruises and I gave them the exact same look and I already knew I was going to have problems again. I still was bruised up but I could still take a few more hits.

                      ***********

  As i'm walking home tired and hungry, I hear a scream. As I get closer to the noise I quickly stop. Its the guys from the other night. I stopped in my tracks. I was scared but I can't leave that woman alone. I took a deep breath and exhaled. I had to prove I wasn't defenseless anymore. I had to make sure those guys didn't do anything bad anymore.

  "Damn those bastards!" I thought. I ran and stopped at sight of what they were doing.  I knew I wasn't the same teen from last time, now I was stronger, I was prepared.

  I flared at the sight of the men harassing a woman and I immediately jumped in to stop them. "Don't have to be the hero but crap, I not going to regret this." I broke cold sweat and ran towards trying to handle all the pain I was hiding. My heart was beating, was I really doing this!?

  "Hey what the hell are you two doing leave her alone!" As the men turned towards me I realized that this time I probably won't make it out alive. They immediately knew who I was and their attention turned towards me. The cigarette man let out a laugh. I grabbed my sweater and clutched it. I hadn't noticed, but I was gritting my teeth. "Ooh someones mad." He said while letting out a whistle.

  "I'll take care of this, don't interfere. I've been meaning to finish what I did to you the other night. Your lucky that old man saved your ass!" The cigarette man walked towards me, but this time cautiously.

  His glare seared through me like a bullet through play-doh. This time, I ran towards them full fury. For a split second, the cigarette guy's eyes widened and he knew I wasn't the same person from before. I knew what I was doing was crazy, I had no fighting experience and I was doing this because I needed too. Even so, my defense was incredible.

  As soon as I was at least one and a half meters away from him I ducked a incoming punch. I used the heel of my foot to crush his kneecap, grabbing onto the fence nearby and pushing myself up and hitting him in the gut. The woman got out of the other men's grasp, as they were distracted watching me.

   I was all their attention.

  I looked up at him and he smacked me with his fist curling a evil grin. My attack seemed to be effective but it didnt do much, as I was still very weakened. I could tell it hurt him though.

  I knew this was all or nothing and that I couldn't take them all three, I had to fight to escape, not to win this time. The weights were slowing me down, making me lose my stamina quick, I had to act fast.

  I evaded another punch as I grabbed him and went for a counter, he easily read my movements, or so he thought. I was going for an elbow but then dropped and kicked his area as hard as I could. I split as soon as he hit the floor. His friends didn't bother catching me, rather staying and helping him up.

  After I ran off I seen the lady that called the cops and she told me they were on their way, so I darted as far away as I could from there, I had to go to Leo's and keep up my training, I needed more.

  I grabbed my bag and called my mom, telling her I would be staying at my friends house.

  I had to keep this up. I realized how behind I was and thought to clear my head. Leo gave me a free week off just as long as I train twice as hard the next week.

  I then knocked out on my bed once I made it Leo's.