Chapter 14: Before

Back in my room me and Rale were training, him doing some exercises when I was still practicing my fighting teqniques. I still didn't want to use a weapon, as it made me feel like I wasn't in control. As we continued we then took a break. "So when are you going back outside?" Rale asked me taking a drink of water. I was laying on the floor and got up. I really forgot about outside, Ive been stuck here. I dozed off. "Well I don't know I mean it would be nice to see my friends again. Why?"

   "Well do you want to go today, i'm in the mood to relax today. I want to have fun." He told me. It seemed weird, Rale didn't look like the type to go outside. "Well yeah sure, if it's ok with Toga. I've gotten better at my training, i'm sure he'll let me." I answered. "Fine so be it." He answered as we continued to train.

                       *********

  Later as I was walking around listening to music and checking out other people train, I stopped when someone called me. "Hey Weights, get ready! Your fighting right now!" Michelle yelled. "My earphones couldn't block that out damn!" I was internally laughing. "Wait i'm fighting?! Since when, I never applied!" "Hey what do you mean? I didn't apply yet!" I questioned Michelle.

  "It was Toga, he told me you were ready." I then turned and looked at Toga smiling. "Really, well then if I win can I get the day to myself later? I'm going to go with Rale so yep." I asked him. "It's fine by me, now go get ready, the fight starts in ten minutes." I nodded to Michelle and Toga and walked back to my room.

  I grabbed my gi and put it on. The sweatbands, shirt and sweats. Once I put them on I felt new, like I could win. I looked at my watch and it read, 2:49. Time was up already. As I walked out I recieved some whistles from women and men, and continued my way to the stage. I forgot to leave my earphones in the room so I wrapped them around my fist to put them in my pocket.

  Once I walked in the stadium, on the ring was the ref, and a man with a hood. As I walked up, I looked around and saw Rale, Chase and Michelle. Toga was their too. "Better not mess this up, everyone's watching." I stepped on the stage as the ref spoke. "You know the rules, now lets present the fighters! In the left corner, Fang! In the right, Weights, the newcomer!" "Seriously what is up with their names?" I thought as I listened.

  "Fang's weapon of choice, nun-chucks! Weight's weapon of choice.... earphones!" The ref said pointing to my hand. "Wait this isn't a weapon, oh crapp!" I looked back and saw almost everyone slap their faces with thier palms, groaning in disappointment. I unraveled the cord and prepared to use them as Fang dropped his hood.

  "Ready, Go!" He attacked me head on and swung, hitting me to the ground. It was fast, I wasn't prepared. I got up quickly and went in for a hit, but as I was going for it, Fang rammed the nun-chucks, full force into my arm. Crack! I swear thats what I heard when it hit. I cried out in pain, running towards him. He was suprised, assuming I would fall back. I ducked and swept his feet with my heel, rolling out of the way when he fell. He then grabbed me, kicking me towards the metal ring. I latched back, bracing myself for the impact as I could only defend.

  "Damn hes fast, my arms busted!" I jumped back up and used the earphones to tie the nun-chucks as he swung. I jumped in back of him and wrapped the wire with the nun-chucks as I hit him in the side with my knee, knowing I had and opening. I jumped back on top of him, this time he was pissed. He kept ramming his back into the metal ring with me on it. I clutched my arms and pushed him forward, my body turning red from forcing him. I was getting tired as was he.

   "Look i'm going to win this, so just stop. Your useless with one arm!" He ran towards me and swung again with the 'chucks I easily dodged, but he tricked me. His smile said it all as the jolting pain rushed through me as I saw him grab my broken arm, squeezing it. He threw me down now, my arm was bloodied, and I clutched my shoulder, heavy breathing as I was trying to handle it. "Give up!" He yelled as he slammed my back with the nun-chucks. I screamed out in pain, this time everyone was yelling at him to stop after each blow was hitting me. But some how I didn't nudge. I kept taking those hits. Fang stood back. "You have my respect, now get off the ring. It's better fo-"

   "Never, you hear me never!" I interrupted him as I spat out blood. I was in stance, one arm left. "I'm serious, no more chances!" He yelled again. "Just fall back kid! You can try again later!" People from the crowd yelled. Rale and Chase were silent, watching me, flared. The ref even wanted to stop the fight. "No!" Me and Fang yelled in unision. I got up straighter now, walking towards him. That walking turned into running as I ducked once more and tried to hit him. "I knew you were going to do that!" He yelled as he stomped down. "Now!" I moved out of the way, jumping as high as I could. "Did you know I was going to do this!" I turned and elbowed him as hard as could with my right elbow as he staggered foward. I then grabbed his 'chucks and elbowed him in the side. He was in shock. "Now, the finishing blow!" "Hey it was fun, but this ends now!" My right elbow went up, hitting Fang's chin with a crack. He went at least a inch up before falling down. He made the ring shake as he fell.

  "Ha.. Ha..." I panted. The adrenaline wore off as I fell on my knees, clutching my side. As The ref called some medics, everyone cheered as they chanted 'Weights!'

   "Winner, Weights! He will now be switched with Fang.Weights, you are now C-class Rank 10. "Damn... I jumped up that far?" I muttered as he helped me up. The meds came then and put me on a gourney as everyone was cheering. I was extremely tired, I wanted food. I looked around seeing my friends huddling around me as I noticed a figure standing on the bleachers before I knocked out.