Chapter One

"Quicker!" I yelled at the demons doing laps around the training hall.

They ran for a few more minutes before I decided to let them have a break as Namjoon walked in.

"So Yi." He called, I walked over running a hand through my hair.

"Yeah?" I flashed him a smile.

"Hoseok keeps asking for you." Namjoon muttered. "At least go see why?"

"I don't want to see him." I spoke quietly looking elsewhere in the room. "Yah! Don't touch that!" I quickly ran over, grabbing one end of the double ended spear as he swung it about. I hissed in pain as the spear caught my hand.

"I-I'm so sorry Miss-" the demon stuttered.

"You're all dismissed for the day!" I yelled. "Everyone out of my sight now!"

Everyone scurried out of the hall. I put the spear down and watched as the blood dropped from my hand.

"Are you okay?" Namjoon rested a hand on my shoulder. I nodded. "You need to go the infirmary now anyway, please just see him. He's out at the end of today, so if you don't see him now he'll just come find you."

"Fine." I huffed. "I want to go to the infirmary."

The white light and the flames wrapped around me before I was in Jin's presence.

"What are you doing here?" He smiled as he was leaving Hoseok's personal room.

"One of my recruits cut me." I muttered opening my hand and the blood dripping onto the floor.

He sighed quietly.

"That's a pretty serious cut." He mumbled and grabbed my hand and some alcohol wipes before wiping the wound. I let out a squeak of pain before shaking it off and he chuckled holding my hand and the flames engulfed my hand. His eyes flashed red for a second before they returned to normal.

"All healed." He grinned.

"Thank you Jin oppa." I smiled slightly before heading to Hoseok's room.

"What are you doing?"

"Namjoon told me to see him." I shrugged and walked in, there was Hoseok sat on a bed staring out the window. "What did you want to speak to me about?" I shut the door behind me.

He turned to me, his eyes sad, his face sunken in slightly. I felt guilty.

"I just wanted to see you, and make sure that you're okay." His smile was forced.

"Well you've seen me now so-" I turned to leave.

"No!" He cried out. "P-Please don't leave." I had my back to him and even then I could tell he was crying. I froze and closed my eyes.

"I have duties to go to-"

"Just stay for a little while longer." His voice shook. "Please."

I turned around, my eyes anywhere but him, and I sat on a chair by the door.

"You know I didn't do anything wrong right? I didn't know she was an angel." He whispered. I nodded.

"I know. But you still helped out an angel. Hence your sentence was only three months and not the three decades."

"I'm sorry... about your father." He whispered and I looked at him. "I was just sent to kill him by someone. A letter came saying to kill him, back in that time I was a trained assassin, and I was getting paid-"

"Okay." I shrugged.

"I promised your father something though, he asked me to take care of his daughter no matter what." He whispered. "I did, when other demons came to your house to collect you, I was there by your side."

"What do you mean?"

His body convulsed and he was a black cat sat on the bed, my eyes widened slightly.

"Are you-" he changed back breathing heavily.

"I was Soot, yes."

"You were a female cat-" I broke out into laughter. The big, scary, Hoseok was a female cat.

"I couldn't be a male cat because the angels would have known." He shrugged.

"Thanks. But I must go now." I smiled at him. "I've got a war to train for." His face fell and I left the room, not before healing him right up so he was his fuller self.