Chapter Twenty Two

So Yi

The past year or so had been a complete blur, I couldn't remember anything. I remember Soot going missing and loosing my job, but that was it.

I sighed drumming my fingers on the tabletop as I sat in the cafe. I had applied to a different cafe as I quite liked the job. I was currently on my break, drinking a coffees

"So Yi, this man wants your speciality." Lola, someone who had travelled from the states, called me over. I stood up and finished the coffee, putting the cup in the dishwasher in the back.

"Hello, welcome to Kim's Cafe, What can I do for you?" I spoke cheery looking up at the male.

"Can I have the caramel hot chocolate with whipped cream, marshmallows and make it extra chocolate-y please." He smiled. I nodded and turned to make it.

"Please sit, I'll bring it over." I smiled.

"Okay." I heard him and I finished making his drink a few minutes later. I balanced the drink on the little plate and carried it over to him.

Last moment, I tripped over my own feet, I felt arms wrap around me.

"Do they hire clumsy waitresses here?" He chuckled softly.

"I- That's the first time I've fell whilst serving." I mumbled embarrassed.

"It's fine, I'm sorry for taking you from your break." He chuckled softly. "And sorry for making you trip. That was my foot."

Before I knew what I was saying, the words left my lips. "Go on a date with me and we'll call it even." He chuckled softly.

"Usually I at least know the girls name?" He grinned and I stood up blushing brightly and smoothing out my shirt.

"Park So Yi." I bowed my head. "I'm sorry about your drink-"

"It's fine. Look." He gestures to the drink and the plate set perfectly on the table with no spillages. I blinked a few times staring at the spot.

"Oh." I giggled softly. "I'm sorry for tripping into you then."

"Give me your number and we're even." He smirked. I pulled out a napkin from my apron and a pen and quickly wrote my number on it before handing him it.

"I should get back to serving people, the queue is building up." I blushed slightly looking elsewhere

"I'll text you later." He smiled.

I walked out the shop, the cold air nipping at my exposed legs. I shivered slightly and pulled my phone out as I walked.

'Hey, when are you off work next?' It was an unknown number. '~The guy who caught you in the cafe'

I laughed quietly walking down the dark streets.

'Tomorrow ~ Girl who tripped on top of you'

'Date tomorrow then? Meet me at the cafe at nine am?' He texted back. I couldn't help the smile that tugged on my lips.

'Sounds great, see you then. What's your name?'

'Jung Hoseok'