🌹PROLOGUE .

AUTHOR'S NOTE: Hello!,
If you are interested in books about gods and witches then you've found just the right book. This book is a Paranormal with a little mix of romance. Thanks for taking out time to read my story.
NOTE:
THIS ENTIRE STORY IS A FICTION.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Eighteen years ago...

It was a cold and silent Autumn night, with a full moon in view. Silence spread it's cover on the forest at that moment in such a way that any little sound heard could be considered scary. There was no hooting or howling of any sort, it would seem the animals chose that night to be quiet.
it just was not right. Lopez couldn't shake off that eerie feeling that something bad was about to happen. Not that it wasn't bad enough a life had just been lost while giving birth to another.
Just when she was about to dismiss that eerie feeling, she heard the terrifying screams and wailing of people. Children were crying out to their parents .She could hear the distant thudding of horses.
They all knew this moment was going to come but not tonight. Lopez held tight to the baby in the arms, it was amazing that a baby could sleep through this chaos that was already befalling the tribe. She knew someday she was going to have to explain to the baby how her mother, her older sister had died while giving birth to her but Now wasn't the time.
She was never one for mourning. She looked at her sister's corpse that was still lying on the bed and thereafter looked up to meet the eyes of Rodd, her intended.

"You must leave before they find the child" he said to her. She never loved him and he knew that, her supposed engagement to him was only a duty. She walked towards the window and she looked back at him and nodded but without saying a word.

With the child in her arms she jumped through the window and sped off into the woods, never once looking back at her people or the place she once called home. No one was behind her trail but she was still running.
She ran through the thick forest, not once did she stop to rest even though she wasn't a vampire or any other magical creature gifted with speed. Taking the child away was all she could think of, it would be the end of mankind and all that stands for good if the child fell into the wrong hands. After all, she was carrying the child of prophecy.
However the sacrifice of her people would not be forgotten, one day they will arise from the ashes. She came to a stop when she got to the sea, she extended her hand before her and a glowing green portal appeared before her.
Creating a portal anywhere close to the tribe would have only left a trail.
As the portal appeared before her she did something she hadn't do ever since she started running ,she turned back even though she couldn't see her people. The forest was all she saw and the smoke that rose to the dark skies as an evidence her home and tribe was on fire. Tears welled up in her eyes and slowly she stepped into the portal with the child in her arms and it closed behind her.

Zeus' Pov:
I watched from Olympus how things were going out of place in her tribe ,but I couldn't help them. Long ago, Hecate made it clear she didn't want any of the other gods to interfere while she teach her people a lesson but this was becoming too much. If only one of them could just pray to me only then will I be able to help.
Houses were being lit with torches by men who were on horses. Beast shifters referred to as werewolves were feasting on some of the people while some of the people were being attacked by trolls. The most horrible part was watching the massacre of children.
Out of the dark came forth three hooded figures, they stood watching the scene unfolding before them, enjoying the view.
One of the men on horses, the Chief commander, rode to meet the three hooded figures. He came down from his horse as soon as he was before them, he went down on his knees and he bowed down in reverence to them.
"Rise, Ernesto " the one in the middle said. "where is the child? ".
"We still don't know about the child your grace, my men have gone through every house in this coast destroying and wrecking havoc, we still haven't encounter any newborn". he paused perhaps waiting for a reaction from them.
"Perhaps, the child may have been born in another tribe" he concluded. As soon as he said that he was thrown by an invisible force and he collided against the wall of a building that hadn't been set on fire yet.
As he was getting back to his feet, the figure standing in the middle who seemed to be the one in charge rushed towards him and he was lifted from the ground by a hand on his neck. "My command was for you to get that child dead or alive and thereafter you and your men could do to the rest of the the people as you please and not the other way round." he grunted out of pain and was struggling to loosen the hand around his neck as he was finding it hard to breathe.
"Never again go contrary to my orders if you value your life mortal" that was the last thing he heard before he was dropped to the ground and he crawled to the corner rubbing his neck.
The three figures walked through the tribe that was being laid to waste, they came across a red head man who was struggling to free himself from the roof top that had fallen on top of him, his house must have been burnt with him in it. This was the tribe of the dire witches whom fire seem to have no effect on, so it wasn't surprising the man survived.

The figure in the middle took off her
hood and squatted in front of him. "Tell me where the child is and I will give you a chance to fight by my side". "There is no child" he said while trying to avoid her gaze.
Seeing that he was still struggling to set himself free, she stretched her hand and used her telekinesis ability to remove the roof top from his lower limbs. He still could not move his legs after that because the weight of the roof top had broken some of his bones.
She gave a smirk as a sign of her satisfaction and she use her hand to lift his face so that he looked into her emerald green eyes. Seeing that she was going through his thoughts he tried blocking them by thinking of something else but it was futile.
She stood up from her squatting position and slowly she drifted away but not before saying "Thanks Rodd and don't think I won't tell Lopez how much you love her" and she gave an evil laugh.

Please don't forget to vote if you are enjoying my story.
Every little vote, comment and follow is appreciated. Just touch that star at the bottom of the screen.