🌹CHAPTER 20

I was lying on Marge's bed, with head resting on the most softest pillow my head had ever rested on. I was staring at the ceiling, it was what I always did when I was finding it difficult to catch a nap. Marge's room was the most beautiful and neatest room in the house, it felt motherly in a weird way that was why we enjoyed converging in her room than any other room in the house.

Marge and Margaret were playing ludo on the floor. "And...... off I go!" Margaret yelled and gave noises of cheers.

"That's enough, okay! You don't have to bring the whole house down because you won a stupid game." Marge said interrupting her when she was still celebrating her victory.

"Awwn! Morgan please don't tell me you are still thinking about what happened today? You shouldn't beat yourself up for something you didn't do intentionally" she said .

I closed my eyes and turned over, I felt better when no one was talking about it. People trying to comfort me or make me feel like it wasn't my fault was only going to make me cry and I wasn't in the mood for that.

After trying endlessly to fall alsleep, minutes passed and was followed by hours and I realized that it was going to be an impossible task. Marge and Margaret had left me alone in the room in a bid to make supper.

I stood up from the bed and went out of the room. Just as I was about to open the front door
"where are you going?" Margaret asked.

"For a walk" I answered nonchalantly.

"But you can't go alone, what if you get into trouble or loose control..." Marge was saying before being interrupted by Merlin who we hadn't taken notice of standing in front of his room.

"Leave her be, you both. One has so much to learn from solitary. " and for the first time he smiled at me with a smile that did reach his eyes.

"Thank you" I smiled back at him before leaving.

***************************************************************************************************

What I had in mind was far more than just taking a walk. My plans were to be carried out in the middle of the night when everyone was asleep but Merlin wouldn't have let me out of the house at that time for any reason. It was a very dangerous time even for witches which was why we travelled in groups or pairs at night.

I've been walking in the forest for more than an hour and I was beginning to feel like I had taken the wrong route in the forest. Although they weren't many wild animals in the forest, it was a very dangerous place to be at times, especially the middle of the forest that was referred to as 'the core'. It was home to a lot of creatures one wouldn't one to encounter, so they said.

It was a magical forest and far more larger than the inside than looked on the outside. It was safer to enter the part of the forest that the sun at day and the moon at night were able to penetrate. Rumour had it that the center of the forest which was pitch black was home to a lot of things and was perhaps another world that the gods wanted hidden from us.

Ignorant humans who had gone missing in time passed were last seen treading on these parts of the forest and were never seen returning . I sometimes wondered if any of these things were true or if they were tricks by the gods to hide something more valuable from us.

I snapped out of my thoughts and realized that I was in front of the core, the middle of the forest that was pitch black and no light no matter how powerful illuminate, it would be like the sun in space.

I felt a light tingle on my skin, my magic was responding to something in the core. "No, no Morgan. This is a bad idea" I said to myself and turned to leave.