🌹CHAPTER 27

I threw a blazing orb of flame at her and she deflected it with a wave of her hand to the hard rocky wall. She tried to close the distance between us by taking some steps towards me but I maintained the distance by consistently throwing more orbs towards her making me feel exhausted but not up to the point of giving up.

     Rosa was engaged in a sword fight with the captain , she was doing more of defense than offence. She would cross her kunet knife or just use one at a time to block the impact whenever the captain's massive sword was about to hit her, sending a loud sonorous sound as the blades collided.

   I handed out my hand at my side as a huge orb of blue flame began to grow above it . I infused energy more than the previous into this orb, I wanted the impact to be fatal.

   As I pulled back my hand to throw the orb at her, we were suddenly ushered into darkness. It was just like having a power failure in the middle of the night. The glowing orb on my hand was the only source of light in the room and it only did little to serve that purpose because it only illuminated a little portion surrounding it. I was thrown into confusion, I couldn't decipher whether I was still in the room or had been teleported to an unknown place.

     The room became illuminated once again. Rosa and the captain who had been still during the brief period of darkness continued in their sword fight like it never happened.

     I snapped out of my thoughts as I remembered what I was supposed to be doing . Behold, Hecate was nowhere to be found. It felt like a terrible dream I was trying to snap out from. The orb above my palms was still buzzing with life eager to deliver a deadly blow.

    Rosa turned to me and with wide eye she yelled "Morgan, behind you...!"

    Out of instinct I took a twist around and found Hecate very close behind me. The orb I still had on me grazed her arm and made a buzz before she disappeared into thin air. I turned around not wanting her to catch me off guard again.

     I couldn't find her but that still didn't stop me from turning round the room like a mentally deranged person. I knew she was in the room with us only that she was invisible.

   I closed my eyes and tried to feel every portion of the room, it was a lot easier to do with my eyes closed. The only other living thing aside from me that I could feel in the room was Rosa and the captain .

    If Hecate was still in the room then she was indeed very powerful because I couldn't feel her essence, that was probably expected from a goddess like her.

    Just as I was about to give up and open my eyes, I noticed a transparent object. It was in the shape of a person and blended so well with it's surrounding, yet it wasn't a part of the surrounding.

    I decided to focus on it and it felt like I was making process. The transparent person stalled towards me , and became of my effort it had taken a dark appearance. I was seeing a silhouette of Hecate.

    Just as she came towards me , I braced up ready for attack. She still didn't know that I could see her . I waited until she came closer , I wanted to end things there and then before I became too exhausted.  I placed my hand behind me for a surprise attack, I focused so much of my energy on my hand until I felt it enclosed in a clove of what I perceived was lightening. It didn't matter whether or not she was a goddess, she could still die by burning.

      Immediately she reached my danger zone, I slashed her on her shoulder . She gave a weak shrill and took off before I could could deliver another deadly impact. She appeared in the room, giving me enough distance as she tended to her wound.

     It felt awkward, I was supposed to be in a fight with a powerful goddess and there she was tending to her wound. I watched as she palmed a massive bruise on her left shoulder, when she removed her palm the bruise was gone.