🌹CHAPTER 13.

We were all having supper quietly in the ancient looking dinning room, hoping for someone to break the silence. When Ash invited me for supper , I hadn't expected his father to be joining us, not that I had forgotten who his father was but I thought that perhaps after the recent death of his mother, his father would choose to isolate himself for a while to mourn his beloved wife. 'silly me' I thought.

I stole a quick glance at Ash who was sitting directly opposite me. He was eating mindfully, shovelling spoons full of apple pie in his mouth. I never knew a guy who loved apple pie this maybe it was because I didn't know a lot of guys.

Rosa was feeding Meggy , who was sitting on her leg. Marge and Margaret were also eating their pies mindfully in a way that made me wondered how often they ate here. They must really be close to Rosa and her family or perhaps even related.

It was a big dinner table with twelve chairs but one of them was covered with a white linen, without being told I knew it had once been their mother's favourite spot to sit since it was one directly opposite their father's chair. I decided to steal a quick glance at elder Gaius , 'wrong move ' he was also staring at me. I nervously turned back to face my food with wide eyes, shovelling a fork full of pie in my mouth.

"Morgan, how is training ?" He asked.

he asked..... , I mean elder Gaius asked. He even called my name, my grip tighten on the fork as I tried to reply 'fine' but it was stuck in my throat because of the shock. Memories from how this man treated me on that night came rushing towards me , everything he said to me and how he had addressed my parents and I were still fresh in my brain like an oil painting.

Weird how the brain manages to think of a lot of things in just a few seconds.

" um..hmm!" Ash cleared his throat to get my attention.

" oh, sorry. Fine, training is fine. " I said in a not so convincing tone.

"Rosa thinks you are a fast learner even though my son here, Ash.... well he kinds of fears for you, he feels all of this may be too much for you to handle. What's your say?" he asked further trying to engage me in a conversation.

I popped a pea with my fork and glared at it just so I could avoid his gaze or perhaps make myself oblivious of the fact that he was staring at me.

After I didn't reply , he balled his fist real hard that it made his knuckles white, 'he really is feeling more nervous than I , good start' I thought. I continued with my Apple pie deciding not to take notice of anything that was happening, I decided long ago not to let the opinion of haters affect me and it was easier if I didn't take notice of their generosity or benevolence towards me, elder Gaius successfully made it to the top of that list on that dreadful night. Why was he even trying to have a conversation with me after he stopped Lopez from even bringing me to the coven? Did he think I was ever going to see him as a teacher or even a friend * I giggled within me at the thought of that* , well good luck to him, I just hoped he wasn't holding his breathe.

"I know we got off on the wrong foot" I raised my head to look at him boldly but lost composure after he said something I hadn't expected " I'm sorry " . Well if he thought sorry was going to change anything then he had to rethink...... My gaze met Rosa who was giving me a scolding look like she knew what I was thinking. Ash however raised his brow in question at me. Marge and Margaret didn't budge, they were both eating their pies like nothing was happening.

I winced as I was beginning to feel the tension in the air. " Its fine. Actually I would appreciate if we left that in the past" I said surprising myself because of how easy I said it even though the awkwardness was making me feel suffocated.