🌹CHAPTER 12

Nearly sixty seconds had past but what I was expecting still hadn't gotten to me. My eyes fluttered opened and I saw that Goliath, as I had so named him was completely still with his sword just few millimeters away from my loins. I waved my hand in front of his face but there was no reaction.

My attention was caught by an applaud that came from the far right, " A girl still must first learn never to give up. Only then will she be able to do the impossible " it was Merlin. He was sitting on an old rock chair flanged by Margaret and Marge , Margaret stood holding a tray carrying a tea pot and a cup while Marge just stood giving me a look that felt like one of adoration. My stomach clenched when I realized what was happening, they had been watching everything.

"And was that supposed to be training. Goodness!, I nearly got killed..." I yelled.

" But you didn't " seeing that my countenance still hadn't changed he continued "Look Morgana I completely understand how you feel but It was the only way to discover your true potential. You wouldn't have done this much if you knew you were not in real danger." He said with his husky voice that I had grown used to in just one day.

I felt tears well in my eyes but tried not to blink so it wouldn't roll down my cheek. " I never asked for any of this" I said in a shaky voice.

" The pressure, the changes that are coming too quickly are too much for you to handle , but just like I said I completely understand you and ..."

" No you don't! " I yelled in a way that made Margaret and Marge both surprised and uncomfortable at the same time but I couldn't care less what either of time thought about my attitude at the moment. " No one understands me. Everyone just cares about me fulfilling this damn prophecy. Not one of you cares what I want or even dares to know how I feel, .....you...you all see me as a freak of nature born by a witch and a vampire who was born to fulfill some sort of prophecy"

" Calm down, Morgana!..."

" Morgan. My name is Mor...gan and not Morgana " I fired at him and the tears I had been trying to hold back took advantage of this moment to pour. I turned and took to my heel not caring where I was heading. I wanted to be as far away from them as possible and it was a relief not hearing any of them following me.

As I reached farther into the forest my vision was clouded, mist lingered in the air . I hit branches strung like hell as some of their thorns scratched the naked skin of my neck and arms. I was feeling tired but the eerie feeling that came with me being in this place was not making me consider resting here. I ran for what felt like like ten minutes with my muscles aching. I had gotten to a point of the forest where light was able to pierce through the canopies, it was a sign I had made it to one end of the forest.

I hurried out of the forest and the beauty of this place made me stood in awe. It was like I had been absorbed into a world of fairy tales. The sun shone bright but the intensity was fair enough that one wouldn't have need for a sunscreen. I was in a beautiful garden with birds chirping and butterflies that flew from petals to petals. There was also the peaceful sound of a running river, whether or not this was someone's garden didn't seem to concern me. All I knew was that I needed all the rest I could get before deciding what to do or if I was going to do anything.
I took shelter under an olive tree and closed my eyes. Without much effort I was in complete oblivion.

I awoke to the sound of laughter and chattering from a distant I listened carefully to one of the voices that seemed familiar " You should go and check on her . she should be awake by now, don't you think?"

" Why do I get to do all the errands. How about you check on her yourself? " another answered.

I walked slowly towards the direction of the river where the voices seemed to be coming from. As I got closer, I could hear the sound of a running river that seemed to be falling, it was a waterfall . There was a tall bush that created a partition between the beautiful garden, I placed my hands to create a little a hole large enough for me to see the other side of the bush .