🌹CHAPTER 3.

Dedicated to :
UNREALISTIC DREAMS my first audience and watt pad buddy. That's if you get to read this chapter of course because there won't be any notification for this 😊.

Morgan's POV:
I braced myself as the cold icy breeze of autumn pierced my skin ,winter was close. Frost covered the grassland as I stood at the front of the house waiting for aunt Lopez to come out.

Finally the night had come for me to attend my first coven meeting. I peered through the window as I saw her giving Janet and Jaden instructions on how to behave while we were gone.

She had lied to them that we were going to visit a friend of hers that had just been rushed to the hospital. Dad on the other hand was watching a preview of the daily news on TV.

He and aunt Lopez had been ignoring each other since last night, I was taken by surprise when I saw him sleeping on the couch this morning. They probably had a serious fight last night.

I jerked away from the window as I saw aunt Lopez coming towards the front door, and pretended I was adjusting the bottom of my black silk leggings as she opened the door.

"Let's go " she said and I followed behind her, I didn't know for sure if I was expecting us to use the car but I was surprised when we walked past the car.We walked until we were close to the forest, far away from the houses of those in town but there was one house before us, Mrs Guanalupe's.

The mansion was even looking more spooky than ever as it was illuminated by the moon and the stars that decorated the smooth sky. There was also an howling from the forest that made me feel like this was a scene in an horror movie.

As soon as I heard the high pitch screech of a bird, I rushed forward until I was an inch away from aunt Lopez.

"Stop being a scaredy cat, it's just a bird" aunt Lopez said before turning back to give me a scolding look.

As we walked towards the stairs that led to the entrance, out of fear, I turned 360 degree at regular intervals to make sure that no one was following behind. When I turned backwards the second time, I saw the silhouette of a man far behind me and I fell backwards crashing on aunt Lopez in the process. We both landed on the cemented floor before the door.

"What is with you!" she exclaimed as she struggled to get up. I turned still lying on the floor and pointed to the direction of where I saw the man, to my horror he was no longer there but that didn't stop me from panicking.

"Over there! I.. I.. I " my voice was more like a screech and I couldn't find my words.
"You what? "aunt Lopez asked impatiently as she slammed her feet against the floor.

"I saw a man standing there"i said while dragging myself on the floor backward towards the door.

She sighed like what I said was a relief "Now get up, there is no man. besides this house is warded against ghosts. So that ghost you saw, if it wasn't your imagination (rolling her eyes) won't be able to come into this house ".

She extended a hand which I took before standing to my feet and dusted invisible dust from my butt and knee. I shook my head in disbelief as we both headed towards the door.

Aunt Lopez knocked seven times like it was some sort of code and as soon as she dropped her hand to her side, the door swung open on it's own accord. Aunt Lopez stepped in but I just remained frozen not because I was scared of a door that could open on it's own, I knew it must have been spelled but I was scared of what might be waiting for me inside the house.

She beckoned on me to come in with her hand, and as I walked in the door slammed shut behind me sending a slight chill to my spine. The house was as dark as it was eerie but aunt Lopez illuminated it with a glow that came from her hand. We walked slowly until we got to Mrs Guanalupe's room, where she whispered a spell which I had never heard, unlike the usual spells she taught me which were in Latin, this one bore a slight resemblance to Greek.
The ground vibrated as the wall in Mrs Guanalupe's room moved slowly to the left until there was enough space for aunt Lopez and I to go through, "what was it with witches and basement? " I asked myself mentally.
There was only one room in the basement that was illuminated with torches and as we approached it I heard voices.I bit my lower lip and closed my eyes knowing that I was about to begin a journey that will change my life forever.

I opened my eyes after we entered the room, not quite as I expected I thought. I had expected to see lots of witches and warlock who were practising deadly spells not a bunch of old ladies all dressed in black like we were mourning.

They all stood engaged in different in one conversation or another, they were oblivious of my arrival. I had thought I would be given a special welcome ceremony seeing that I was a child of prophecy.

Mrs Guanalupe saw us walked in and came to greet us, she was wearing a thick black coat that reached her ankle, her ebony black hair tinted with grey was pulled up in a neat hunny bun, not one hair was out of place. "Finally, you decided to bring her "she said to aunt Lopez who just gave a smile that didn't reach her eyes.
"Morgana dear, please excuse us for a moment"she said as she stole aunt Lopez away.

I looked across the room, at the extreme left of the room was a golden blonde hair girl. She stood with her back against the wall in a slouching position, from a distance an elderly woman with an equally blonde but long hair who I guessed was her mother yelled "Alethea! ". "Coming! " she replied before lifting her head. she had a small red lip and a beautiful nose that was on the average side. Her eyes were just plain black but still her beauty stirred up a little envy in me, even though I wasn't ugly, I also wasn't very beautiful. I was just a girl with plain features, black hair and an ebony black iris with an honey brown at it's circumference.

As soon as I saw her, I knew our lives were going to be tangled in a sort of way. I watched as she walked up to her mum who introduced her to other witches. Today was her first day in the coven just like me.

I watched as the three members of the coven's leadership committee took their seats in throne like chairs that were arranged in the centre of the coven. The one in the middle was a short aged man with a head of grey hair that was tied in a loose ponytail, he wore a disdain look and he stared into space making him look like he was deep in thoughts at that moment. He wore a black plain robe that reached his ankle revealing his feet that were barefooted.

On his right was a stunningly beautiful lady that seemed to be in her early thirties, she had a platinum blonde hair and her eyes were as blue and grey as a stormy sky. She also had a pink full lips that was stretched in a motherly smile as I noticed she was staring at me, I smiled back. She was wearing a red gown and a black cloak that seemed to cover most of her gown, she was also barefooted.

I shifted my eyes to the third chair and what I saw surprised me. Seating there was a boy who looked to be not more than twenty one, he had a very short black hair that was arranged in a James bond kind of way, not a hair was out of place. His eyes were shifting across the room like he was looking for someone, he bore a strange resemblance with the man sitting in the middle. He had eyes that were as green as emerald . He was wearing a black turtle neck long sleeved shirt and a pair of khaki trouser that reached his ankle, he also was barefooted.

Soon after they were seated, the wall clock behind them clocked midnight and I watched as everyone in the room rushed to take their seat. I took the seat at the extreme and watched as the room was gradually growing quiet.

Afterwards Blondie whom I noticed was the only youth in the room apart from two of the leadership committee, aunt Lopez and I, came to sit beside me.

"Hello! " she said, I looked a nonchalantly attitude not wanting to be counted as a loud mouth on my first night here. " My name is Alethea but you can call me Alethia seeing that they both mean the same thing. It's a Greek name that means truth" she said in a hasty manner.

Just as I was about to respond an old lady turned back in her chair and shut us up with her fore finger pressed against her lips while saying "shh".

The old man who sat at the middle rose and started speaking
"Truly our mother Persephone has been faithful to us by letting us witness yet another meeting. She had been faithful to us even when we chose to worship Hecate and it was she who protected us from Hecate's wrath. " he paused and he lifted a fist in the air " Greater is Persephone " and everyone chorused after him "Greater is Persephone ".

"Persephone mother.... "he stopped as his eyes drifted to me. "Lopez!, what is this Abomination? " he asked almost yelling.

😥so sad, my book rank is dropping by a landslide please vote on every chapter if you want to help me out but only if you think I deserve it. Still love you guys so much.

What's a writer without her
readers?

ABSOLUTELY NOTHING.