🌹CHAPTER 18

Morgan's POV:

" Damian ! " I cried. "Please say something" I tapped his shoulder anxiously as he laid lifeless on the floor. I turned him over so that he laid on his back. I hoped he wasn't dead even though there was no sign of life, I held his hand and placed my fingers on his wrist but there was only a faint pulse that seemed to be deteriorating.

What was I going to do? Damian was my friend and more like the only person who understood me even though we haven't known each other for more than a month. He was the only one I felt I could talk to and rely on.

An idea came to me, I didn't know where I got the idea from but I felt like Merlin could help me. I tried to Carry him but he was too heavy, sometimes when we get desperate we tend to feel helpless and forget that we have a solution in our hands. I tried carrying him again but I couldn't, if only I had remembered I had telekinesis, I would have used just that to Carry him.

My hair stood as my instinct told me I was being watch, I knew we were being watch from the beginning but I didn't pay attention to it because I was more focused on Damian.

I stood up slowly, I sent my senses ahead of me and felt the
part of the forest surrounding me. We were not alone, there was someone else but he was like a shadow to my sense, I tried to focus on him but all I could see was his silhouette clothed with enough energy that I knew he could tell what I was doing. Still, I wasn't the least scared of him.

I opened my eyes and took a defensive stance. I placed my hand before me and an orb of white flame appeared above it. Just like all my physical magic, this one had a blue mist surrounding it. Merlin said only very powerful witches had mist surrounding their magic, it was like their signature and mine was blue. Merlin was the only one apart from me that I had seen with a mist surrounding his magic and his was a beautiful golden colour.

"Come out" I said. " unless you want us to do this the hard way".
I heard a light chuckle in response , I wouldn't have heard it if I hadn't intensify my senses.

I felt his presence from behind and I knew instantly that he was behind me. I turned swiftly but there was no one behind me. "Come out, I do not wish to play games."

Out of the dark, I saw a figure coming towards me. It was a man, even though he wore a cloak with a big hood that covered his face, I was able to tell from the way he walked. He was also holding a staff with a huge ruby at the top, people with staffs like that were either rulers or gods. Still I refused to be intimidated.

" Stay away from me" I said with a shaky voice.

Much to my relief, he stopped walking . He just stood and he dropped his hood, he looked like he was in his late thirties but I knew he was by far more than that. His eyes shone with a kind of wisdom that only the ancient ones had.

"Calm down, Morgan. I am not here to hurt you" I refused to let my surprise show. How he knew my name wasn't my major concern now. I stole a glance at Damian who was still lying on the floor hoping that I'll be able to save him in time.

"Are you just going to stand there and watch him die?"

"Excuse me!" I said even though I heard him correctly. He gave me an unreadable look like he was studying me or trying to figure out my next move.

"Do you want him to die before you save him?" he asked.

I twisted my face in a scowl " what do you mean by that? " I asked.

"You have no idea who you are or what you are capable of, correct me if I'm wrong"

My chest vibrated as I released a light giggle "So from you know about me I am Morgan, the girl who's capable of healing those who are near the point of death, uh?" I laughed even in the midst of the awkwardness I was feeling, but he didn't laugh. He wasn't finding it funny. 'Damn, he isn't kidding' I said to myself. Still I'm sure he was mistaking me for someone else or perhaps he was among those who overestimated my abilities because I was a child of prophecy.

" Uhmm.... Uhmm" he cleared his throat. "It's understandable that you should find that funny but I assume you know that man's life is hanging by a thread".

I knelt down beside Damian, I check for a pulse again and fortunately I found one although weak. " What do I do? " I asked him.

I saw a smirk danced on his face but left as soon as it came. "The same way you reached out to me when you felt my presence you have to reach out to him and pull him back to life because he can't do it unless you show him the way."

"Show him the way? No offence but if there's anyone who should do it should be you or another ancient warlock that seems to know better than I do" I said.

"Not everyone one has this ability of yours. Even Merlin and many of the gods who have lived for ages do not possess it, that's what.... that's one of the things that make you special and even Hecate fears for her future."

'Wow!' I thought. Not only did he believe in me but he was the first one ever that made me feel less scared of Hecate.
"Okay" I said. "Please tell me what to do? "

"Place your hands on his chest" he said and I obeyed before he continued. "Close your eyes and begin to feel his inside"

If it wasn't for the fact that Damian was about to die I would I said 'gross' and just given up. I did as he told me and soon I was seeing inside of Damian like it was a 3D movie.

"Do you see it?" he asked

"Ah, oui! Yes I do. " I said feeling a little bit excited.

"Good! now try to locate his heart and his brain as well. Let me know when you..."

" Found them" I said before he could finish.

"Listen carefully, with the energy buzzing inside of you, you have to give his heart and brain a shock but you must make sure you apply it to his brain and his heart at the same time" he instructed.

"What happens if i don't reach his heart and brain at the same time?"

"Simple, if you wake his brain before his heart then he is going to be a troll with a brain to think and act like a regular human but his body will be a corpse that will decay as time goes on. And if you wake his heart before his brain, he's going to be a Zombie with a functional heart but with no brain to think , he's just going to be like an animal. "

My mouth fell open in horror after hearing the animal part. I hope I don't turn him into a zombie or a troll, I used to think those things only existed in movies .

I convinced myself that I could do it and with so much energy, I directed a shock towards his heart and brain at the same time.

I opened my eyes to see if it worked but there was no sign. I turned to him and was about to tell him it didn't work when Damian gasped for air.
"He's alive" I said happily to the warlock that only replied with a soft smile.

"Damian, it's my Morgan" I pulled him to sit but I noticed he wasn't paying any attention to me, he was focused on the older man kneeling beside me.

Then he opened his mouth to speak "Asgard!"

Wow! I did not see that coming.