🌹CHAPTER 14

Morgan's POV:

"..... good , but you still have a long way to go . now, give me thirty" he said while stamping his staff against the floor repeatedly. I rolled my eyes at his sarcastic compliment before lying down on the floor for push ups.

I slowed down as I got to seventeen, my hands were aching and they threatened to give up as I struggled to get back up.

"Faster" he yelled as he did his repeated stamping of his staff against the floor. 'Damn you Merlin' I said but not out loud of course .

As soon as I got to thirty my hands gave way and I collapsed heaving as I took in adequate oxygen not caring that my clothes may become dirty.

" That's alright for now, take a break and we will continue in the evening. " He said with his voice that seemed to go more huskier every passing day. I watched as he went back into the house and spread my lips in a big grin.

After a while, I stood up and dusted my clothes even the parts that weren't dusty, I felt the need to look neat before embarking on my brief journey. I hummed the tune of we are one from lion King 2.

As I neared the Mockingjay's home, my heart fluttered and I took in the sweet smell that came from the garden.

I knocked but there was no answer. Just as I turned to leave, I heard voices coming from the backyard. From the way they were yelling, I knew it was an argument. One of the voices, I recognized as Ash's, the other was a softer and more feminine tone.

As I approached the backyard, the voices grew louder and suddenly they were silent. I thought they had heard me coming and decided to stop on the spot but no one was coming and I decided to venture further and there they were.

Pressed against the wall was a girl with a long strawberry blonde hair. Ash stood with his hand to the wall beside her, kissing her as she gave a moan that made me feel disgusted at them both.

I didn't know whether to scream at them or just mind my business and leave. I walked backwards accidentally steping on a twig and it snapped giving a weak sound. Unfortunately, this caught their attention and they turned to face me, both Ash and girl whom I noticed was familiar.

" Uhmm... Morgan... " before he could say anything further I left half running, half walking but never looking back. Whether or not he followed me, I had no idea.

I stopped when I got to the vegetative fence that separated the garden from the river from the garden. I sighed realizing I had taken the wrong path.

"Morgan, please listen " he pulled my wrist , i turned to face him jerking my hand away from his hold. "What's your problem Ash?, what do you want? " I asked him.

" Alright then" he straightened up, tugging the hem of his shirt even though they didn't need adjusting. " Look i can't deny what you saw but I asked that you don't tell anyone, at least not yet."

'How dare him' I thought. I looked to his right and saw the girl in question sprinting towards us. I was not going to cry right in front of them neither would I cry for a sucker who had my hopes high in his own twisted way. He never told me he had feelings for me but still it hurt seeing them together and to top it all, I was supposed to keep their little secret. No, their disgusting secret.

"Ashley, there you are. I knew I was going to find you here" she said . " Hello Morgan! " she stretched her hand for a handshake which I took. Yeah, congrats to me for putting myself in this position. It was after hearing her voice, I remembered where I had seen her. She was the strawberry blonde , I had seen in the coven with her mother.