🌹CHAPTER 17

Sorry everyone for the late update. Yay! I finally made it to 1k reads, thanks everyone for your reads , votes and comments, I hope . And a special thank you to sarahl641 for your support, oh , and she's an amazing writer by the way.
To show how sorry I am, I'm gonna compensate you with a song, I thought of putting a happy song but it really isn't a happy moment for Damian.

"Ahhh....!" I cried. The coldness of the water poured on me pricked my skin and sent shivers down my spine.

"Rise and Shine sleepy head, I don't have all that to deal with you"

I opened my eyes but my vision was hazy and I could only make out someone standing in front of me . slowly, my vision was adjusted and I was able to see just fine. it was uncle Hermes standing with a maliciously grin I had grown used to ,beside him was his son, my cousin Alex. He was holding a pail .

I pulled my right arm but it was tied to a pole and so was my other hand . I struggled, tugging the ropes that were used to bind my hands to the poles " You will pay for this you Maniac, just wait till I get you for this " I yelled.

"Tsk tsk tsk! Is that any way to talk to your beloved uncle. You seemed to have lost respect..."

" No it's you who have lost all form of respect, you've lost respect for our people and all our ways. You've insulted the traditions of our ancestors and to top it all you lost respect for my father and the blood you both shared. You are a disgrace to everything he stood "

"Hahaha....haha...." he roared in laughter making me wonder what was funny. After nearly five minutes of laughing he continued "You speak as one who is enlightened when you know nothing. You are a man with the mind of an infant. Everything I do is for the good of my people, even your father looked forward to this moment . unfortunately, fate didn't make him live long enough to see it."

"You are a liar. Your greed and thirst for power ..."

"Enough!" it was Ryan who interrupted me. I turned and saw him on the right, leaning against a tree. " Uncle Hermes, we don't have enough time. Asgard is going to be suspicious if he doesn't find anyone of us...."

"Ryan, please don't tell me you're a part of this" I watched as the brother I had watched grown and always look out for gave me a cold stare.

"I'm sorry brother but this has to be done. You are a treat to our plan and therefore to us" he said.

I turned back to Hermes and tried to hold back the tears that already seemed to be welling up in my eyes. Being betrayed by my own brother was beyond hurt. I literally felt a piercing pain in my heart and a heaviness in my chest .

"So what? Are you going to kill me and dump my body ?" I asked.

"Oh no, I won't do that. It just sounds too easy, easy is so not my style"

I was still trying to figure out what he meant when he snapped his fingers and two bulky men walked slowly towards me.

"Oh! I'm sure you don't want to see how it ends my dear Ryan. How about we go back home to handle other important issues " he left with Ryan and his son leaving the two men behind to do his dirty work, I still wonder what they were going to do to me.

They held my face with a firm grip and opened my mouth. I struggled but their grip was too strong, I watched as one brought a close to my bought and with one swift movement he pulled out my canine and he pulled my other canine afterwards.

That sent a huge wave of pain to my brain making me scream. I watched as they threw my canines to the floor like they were of no importance.

One of them brought out a dagger and was about to stab me in the gut before he was stopped by the other. "No. Master said we had to beat him to death, he must beg for death before we give it to him".

Hours past, and they were still beating me. It was a wonder, how I was still alive. My nose was bleeding and one of my eyes was swollen, the rest of my body was covered with bruises and cuts of various sizes. They even tore off my shirt just so they could make sure my entire body was covered in bruises.

One of them went to go take a leak , leaving me with the other.

" I saw we make this interesting. " he came close to me and was untying my hand. " let's butter things up by making it a fair fight"

'The odds are turning in my favour' I thought. After he loosed the ropes binding me, I staggered and rose up slowly . With all the energy I could muster, I kicked him in the groin. He doubled over in pain and I took that moment to run further into the forest. I knew I wouldn't make it far in my condition, so I climbed up a tree with so many branches that it would be difficult to sight someone in the tree.

I soon saw them run pass the tree I was, and just as expected I after sometime they ran back because they didn't believe I could make it that far in my condition. I heard them talked as they were heading back home.

"You're sure we shouldn't keep searching for him? I'm sure he couldn't have made it that far. Master will be quite vexed if he finds out that we didn't kill him"

"If he finds out" the other stressed

"What are you insisting Barsac"

"How about we just tell master we kill him. I mean he's going to die anyway because I have his neck charm with me. I took it for precaution, for a moment like this".

I touched my neck and was mortified when I realized that what he was saying was indeed true. During the first reign of Asgard , the golden moon, he made twelve neck charms that when worn will prevent the sun from burning a vampire.

The neck charms had been passed on from generations since then, one passed on from my father to me this was the reason I was the one sent on missions that exceeded a day and not Ryan.

The other eleven belonged to the chiefs in the council, this included uncle Hermes. However, Asgard also blessed our inhabitant with the bliss of darkness that shielded the sun from us even when it was day. This bliss only covered our home, that's why no risked leaving the village unless it was night and it was the reason why we still hadn't relocated the village after so many decades even when we ran out of animals to prey on.

Unknown POV:

I watched as he came down from the tree. 'It was high time' I thought. He staggered holding onto trees for support, he looked back probably feeling watched but he couldn't find anyone. He really was one interesting and a die hard character.

I saw how he was treated by the others and that made him gain my sympathy. On the day of my vengeance, I'll make sure that he is spared.

He reached a place I noticed that many trees had been rooted up and were lying on the floor . whoever did this must have been a power source. This was not an ordinary magic, it was beyond ordinary.

He collapsed just in front of a log. Though he wasn't dead, he was near death.

A girl I hadn't taken notice of earlier, ran towards him and I felt the need to also go. I had the urge to get acquainted with her even though I had forbidden myself from doing so the first time I saw her.