🌹CHAPTER 8 .

DEDICATED TO:

Sarahl641 - Adelaja Adejumoke thanks a lot for being an avid reader and for pushing me to update.

I scrambled into my room and as i hurriedly went through my closet I was continuously saying within myself 'she is a mind reader, she is a mind reader... '.

All witches could cast spells of various sort but few were born with special gifts like Meg, who I just found out was a mind reader. I wondered what gift Rosa had or if she had any. All my life I had only come across three witches with special talents, at least that was what I thought.

Aunt Lopez had the gift of persuasion which I had only seen her use once. She could make one do anything by just touching them. The boy I met at the lake, Ash, he had foresight or he wouldn't have been able to know that Rosa was going to look for me. The third person was Meg, who had just read my mind.

I pulled up a black trouser and an equally black hooded sleeveless shirt. I tied my hair in a tight hunny bun and I wore a black sneakers before going back downstairs.

" Okay I'm ready"

"No, not yet " She snapped her fingers and as she did my sneakers disappeared and I was suddenly barefooted. She smiled in satisfaction "Now that we are all set come closer " .

I moved four steps forward "is this enough?"

"Close your eyes and don't open them until I tell you to"

"Okay " as I closed my eyes I felt the atmosphere around us become cooler and the sweet ripe smell of magic became heavy in the air. Whenever magic was preformed, the air seemed to be tinted with a pleasant smell but this was different, it was like the air was clogged with magic. It was like I could see the magic even though my eyes were close.

"Open your eyes " she said and as I did, It was just as I suspected, we were no longer in the house. Even though I had never come here before I knew where we were, it was the birthplace of magic, we were in Greece, Athens to be precise.

'So there we have it, blondie was a teleporter ' I thought to myself. I surveyed the environment, the atmosphere was a little bit of foggy but it wasn't enough to prevent us from seeing through. The sky was dark and plain has it had no star in display but a full moon which seemed to be gloomy and reminded one of how werewolves reacted to a full moon in movies.

we stood inches away from an abandoned field, it had a farm house in it that also seemed to be abandoned. Fireflies floated in the air as they migrated to the field.

"Wow! It's beautiful but not as I had expected, it's... it's... "

"Deserted " she completed

"Yes, deserted." I twitched my nose as a firefly landed on my nose and watched as it flew past. "What happened? " I asked and watched as she wore a sad look like she was about to cry. Megan on the other hand was busy trying to catch fireflies in the overgrown field not far away from where I stood with Rosa.

"Soon after you were born, Hecate searched for you... "

"yeah, I already know that part, she searched for me but couldn't find me because aunt Lopez took me to North America which was a restricted area for Hecate" I interrupted but her mouth was still opened as she searched for what to say.

"Umm! Ummm! "

"What isn't that it? "

"I'm sorry Morgan but that wasn't the full story. After Lopez took you from your tribe, she went to the northern tribes who contacted all the tribes on the west ,east and south and they prepared for war because of the sacred oath to protect the child of prophecy. However, only the tribes from the south obeyed. But Hecate was persistent, she and her army destroyed and slaughtered not one was left except for Lopez who escaped and fortunately was aided by a more powerful god, Thanatus. he used his power to shield you and Lopez from the sight Hecate "