🌹CHAPTER 16

Morgan's POV:

I awoke with a feeling of refreshment and knew immediately that I was set on having a good day. I jumped out of bed not being bothered about the fact that I slept in. I saw shadows on my window blind and guessed it was Marge and Margaret.

I went outside to meet them. I saw Marge sprinkling a white powdered substance round the house . " What is that for? " I asked . she didn't reply but wore a look of dismay and fear as she continued with the sprinkling.

This is not good. At least he didn't take any soul away with him when he visited. But why would he have visited?

" Do you mean what I saw last night was an evil spirit? " I asked and it caught her attention.

"You saw him?" she asked.

"Yes I did or I think I must have because last night when I was in the living room, I looked through the window and I could have sworn I saw someone who blended with the dark and was staring back at me but when I got closer, there was nothing. Still, was it an evil spirit?"

It's worst, it's death.

"Death?!" I asked almost shouting.

She jumped " how on earth did you know that ?" She asked.

"you said so Yourself" I watched as she gave me a bemused look which gradually turned into a teasing look with her lips pulled into a playful smile. "So you've become of them mind readers, eh!"

That morning passed by like a flash with Margaret and Marge giving me hints about mind reading even though they weren't mind readers themselves.

Mind reading was far more easier to master than the other skill, in less than a day I learnt how to shuffle through a persons mind for facts even though they weren't of it that moment. I could even shut them out of my head when I wasn't in the mood to hear what they were thinking.

Today was getting more and more interesting and not even Goliath could change it. Merlin decided I fought it today and I couldn't resist the offer to a rematch.

Today, however it felt like it was moving slower and that was because my ability to control the elements had improved greatly. Every movement of his was predictable.

The air made way as he flung his mighty sword slashing the air out of frustration. The mighty Goliath had lost composure and was struggling to regain control of the situation.

He flung his sword in an angle that was directed towards my neck. Good thing I had already seen it coming. Without thinking I ducked and before he could regain balance, I crawled between his leg and was standing behind him thinking of what to do because Merlin forbade me from using any of the elements against Goliath.

I was so deep in my thoughts that I hadn't notice him turn around and was about to cut me in two with his mighty sword. Quickly I entered into his mind but the damn monster had none and so I decided to make one for him.

"You really should be getting tired of this. Picking up against a little girl who have no intentions of hurting you"

To my surprise he stopped with his sword suspended I'm the air. I smiled as I noticed Merlin stopped drinking his tea and was looking a look of awe and a little bit of confusion in his eyes.

I sat on the floor , crossing my leg towards myself.
"Drop the sword ". He dropped his sword and sat on the floor facing me in a way that made him look like a gigantic baby.

Damian's POV:

"Quit it Ryan" I said grudgingly as I turned to face the other side of my little bed that seemed to be getting smaller with everyday that that passed. Ryan was really annoying as he called my name and poked me repeatedly trying to make me get out of bed.

He knew how much I hated being disturbed from my sleep, I'm certain that must be the reason he derived pleasure in doing it. One would think adulthood was capable of changing a boy but that was so untrue concerning Ryan and me, he still had a thing for annoying me and I couldn't find it in me not to retaliate at times.

Sometimes he had this dark personality coupled with the stupid decisions he took at times that made it feel like he was older than me but in reality I could never stop seeing him as my baby brother who was trying to be strong by holding on to whatever he thought was right even if he was in the wrong path . The death of our parents and my usual disappearance must have been the reason why he was growing too fast. Everyone had grown used to him acting like an old man when he was only 19 years old, he still had a month to go before he became 20 years old.

"Damian! Get your ass out of bed this moment!" he yelled in frustration . " One more hour, mom!" I said with the intent of annoying him. He grunted like he was about to say something but didn't.

I turned to face him with eyes partially opened just enough to see him kneeling on the floor beside me.

" You really are a pain in the ass , you know! " he said with a distant look in his eyes. " It's either you aren't around or you are spending the day asleep. You've grown so distant that you no longer think like one of us. "

I felt a clench in my gut as I realized he was saying the truth. "You really need to be fixed" I muttered.

He rose to his feet and dusted invisible dirt from his knee. "I'll be going and don't you dare say I didn't invite you for the meeting. It's been moved to the hidden cave in the forest". When he got to the door he paused " And by the way Damy , if there's anyone of us that needs fixing then it's you" he said before leaving.

I turned, lying on my back and looking at the ceiling of the tent that held too many memories, some of which weren't what I intended to visit at that moment. I shut my eyes , as much as I didn't want to I knew I had to attend the meeting.

I didn't know how I got myself tied up in all of this in the first place. I thought things were going to change after Aristride showed up but it was the contrary, things got worst .

Uncle Hermes and the others had refused to go back on their nefarious plan. If Asgard found out what we were up to, he would show us no mercy, that's for sure. As gentle and legendary as he was only few of us knew his true identity. He was no ordinary vampire. And if he was back, it was because he had unfinished business with the living.

I forced myself to get out of bed and pulled a shirt from the shelf which I wore slowly on my way out. I ignored the glances that were thrown at me by girls who were still ignorant of what was going on. I was so deep in thought that I didn't notice the little boy that was coming my way until he ran into me.

"Ouch!" he cried.
"I'm sorry Tulu" I bent down to lower my height down to his level, with a hand on his shoulder. I needed to be sure he hadn't caught up with us , at least not yet. " Where's master? " I asked.

"He's in his tent" that wasn't enough for me. " Do you mind checking for me? I really have something to tell him and I need to make sure he's in a good mood before then."

"Mami said he's sleeping and that none of us should disturb his rest" my eyes twinkled in delight at the pleasant news I had received. If his Mami of all people could say that, then who am I to think otherwise.

"Can I go now, uncle Damian?" he asked. " Oh, sorry. You can" I watched as he ran to join his friends who were playing hide and seek happily, running from one tent to another.

"Children" I said to no one in particular. I headed to the forest, to the hidden cave where they were supposed to be having the damn meeting.

Darkness was all I could see, I used my fingers to trace the wall as I headed deep into the cave. It was eerie and more quiet than usual that it made me wonder if they cancelled the meeting or decided to hold it someplace else.

This cave was the one place I spent most of my time when I wanted to be by myself , but today it felt like another cave , there was a sense of unfamiliarity in the air. That was when i noticed the cave wasn't cold but was warm like it was crowded.

"Ryan! " I yelled . damn, it didn't echo. I wasn't alone, it was a trap. I saw movement from the corner and I felt pain at the back of my head before I was embraced by darkness and was in a state of complete.

Surely the person in the pic needs no introductions.