🌹CHAPTER 11 .

It's been an hour since we left and we were still walking, surely, I wasn't expecting Old Merlin to drive a car but a teleportation spell from Rosa would have come in handy.

"ugh!... " I whined in frustration as I yanked my bag away from a thorny branch that had managed to entangle with some of the silky thread that had come loosed from the old khaki bag which was the only portable travelling bag I could find .

' Finally ' I thought as we took the pathway on the right which led to a modest house that overcame me with a sense of quietude. It felt like sanctuary and comfort and a feeling of belonging took me unaware. What was so special about this house, I couldn't figure.

The wooden floorboard creaked from our weight as we entered the balcony. The silence was severed by Merlin who hit the floor thrice with his staff. We waited for a few minutes but there was no response and he repeated it again.

A squeaky flipflop sound came hurriedly towards the door, a click followed and with a little thud the door was flung opened revealing a plump figure not taller than myself and a face that revealed she had just woken up from sleep.
"Welcome Master, sorry I took long I was..... "

"Hush! Will you? " Merlin interrupted her. He entered the house with me following behind. "Always giving excuses for clumsiness. I say it's why you haven't improve in your training "he said to her in his usual husky voice that seemed to come with age.

A low chuckle erupted from the kitchen but was followed by a choking sound.

"Margaret!" Merlin yelled.

"Yes Sire " a voice answered back from the kitchen before the owner came partially walking and partially running. It was a much slender but taller woman.

"Show Morgan to her room"he instructed her before he went into a room.

"Bhahahaha... " Margaret roared with laughter, hands on her belly as she fell to a chair and tears welled up in her eyes as she was laughing too hard. The plump woman stood with hands crossed against her chest and eyes narrowed at Margaret "Why are you laughing, I mean it's not like you are doing better than me in training "

"At least I wasn't the one who roasted Merlin's poor duck instead of lighting up a candle ".

I sniggered but swallowed it after seeing the scolding look the plump woman directed towards me. "Just shut up Margaret, it's not like I don't plan on improving ".

"Oh, yes you will!, after you set me on fire" she heaved and cleaned a tear drop that had manage to roll down her cheek before continuing with her laughter.

"Don't tempt me" she narrowed her eyes.

"That day is just so unforgettable, it's priceless. Even Merlin took to his heels. We feared that Marge was in Avatar mode or something and would eventually set us all on fire "

"Haha! I'm sorry, was that supposed to be funny. Besides, didn't Merlin ask you to show Morgan to her room? " Marge said in a nonchalant tone.

"I'm sorry " Margaret said to me. "here, let me help you with your bag " she offered. I gave her the bag and followed as she led the way to my new room.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I rolled to my side on the bed finding it difficult to sleep. The end was near, that I knew for sure but I hope it wasn't going to be the end of me. We had barely two weeks before spring and I didn't think I was strong enough to face Hecate. The thought sent shivers to my spine and I decided to think of something else. I thought of home and everyone there especially of Janet and our unfinished conversation. The thought of never seeing them again occurred to me and it made me shiver in fear of my impending doom, at least I had made friends in such a short time Ash, Damien, Rosa and even Meggy.

I shook my head 'no, none of this is helping' I said to myself. I'm willing to give it my all at least for the sake of the ones I love. I was going to train real hard and if there was a way to defeat Hecate then I will sought it out.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I ducked as he swung his sword where my neck had been. My heart was beating heavily, it felt like I was about to have a panic attack. The metallic Goliath before me didn't give me time to think or conjure a spell before swinging his sword at me.

As soon as his sword cut through a tree, it became stuck and I seized the opportunity to run as fast as my legs could manage. I turned back only to see that he had already pulled his sword out of the tree and was chasing after me covering a huge distance in little time. As he was about to swing his sword to cut me in two, I ran vertically up a tree and jumped landing behind the walking armour.

Now was the time to do something, I formed an orb on my hand that glowed like lighting and threw it, it made a impact on the belly of Goliath creating a huge hole which sizzled and the air smelled of burning metal. Goliath gave a horrifying shriek that echoed in the forest. Just when I thought it was over, the part of Goliath that had been burnt mended back to place.

I was so absolved in shock that I didn't realize he was coming towards me. I flinched as I saw the impending danger, his sword was coming very fast towards my waist region but it was too late to dodge. I closed my eyes praying to whoever may hear for some sort of deliverance from this.

Took me long enough but sure hope it was worth the wait.