🌹CHAPTER 7

I could only see his back part which still sold his identity out. A very silky ebony black hair that looked like it was held down by tonnes of hair spray, not a hair was out of place. He certainly had an affinity for turtle necks shirt because he was in one, although this time he was wearing a blue one.

He probably had not noticed me because he was still throwing stones into the lake. It was best that way, I turned back and was tiptoeing back into the forest when he spoke. "Hello! "

I turned back and saw him staring at me with eyes narrowed like I was some sort of laboratory apparatus he was finding hard to understand. "Hello !" I said sheepishly as he had caught me trying to escape.
I fiddled with my fingers behind me as he walked towards me.

"I'm sorry for interrupting your little alone time " I faked a smile trying to regain my confidence as it was becoming awkward .

Soon he was in front of me "Do I know you from somewhere? " he asked coldly. Of course he had seen me in the coven meeting, he was one of the member of the leadership committee. He was obviously the son of elder Gaius and I don't think he was a fan of mine after the way I talked to his father on that day, so it was best to deny knowing him.

"Nah! I don't think so." I saw a smile on his face that left as quickly as it came. "I guess I should be on my way back home" I turned to leave.

"No! No! Forgive me for my lack of manners " he bowed a Little like some sort of ancient Prince about to ask his maiden for a dance "My name is Ash , Ash Mockingjay " I nearly burst into laughter after hearing that his last name was a bird 's name but it died in my throat after I met his stony face.

I cleared my throat with an unnecessary cough " I'm sorry for that. My name is Morgan. "

"Morgan, hmm! "he nodded.
"what? " I asked trying to find out what was wrong with my name.

"Nothing!" he raised both hands to the air "it's just that I now remember where I've seen you. You are Lopez's niece, the one who was playing sassy at the coven the other day"

"Watch it! "I interjected.

"No! No! It's not what you think. Actually I admire what you did . I think it was brave of you "

"Really? I mean even though it was your father I stood up to, you still find that brave? "

"Unfortunately, yes. What makes you think he is my father? " He furrowed his voluminous brows and a playful smile sat on his face.

"Come on! Even a fool can tell. The resemblance is just so much " I punched him playfully on his shoulder.
"Ouch! "

"I'm sorry, did I hurt you " I said with concern.

"Nah! " he hit the air dismissively "you couldn't even if you tried".

"Oh really! Because I could begin with it if you give me the permission" I balled my fist and perpared to punch him again.

"No! No! I'm sorry, I was just joking " after hearing that we both roared in laughter like we had known each other forever. I watched as he stopped laughing and his countenance became one of sadness.

"Now tell me, why are you here? Family issues or personal issues? " I asked and he turned to face the lake. "it's alright if you don't want to tell. I completely understand " He walked closer to the lake and I followed behind him.

"Sometimes... " he paused as he was examining his choice of words "never mind" he sighed. He touse a stone into the lake that just tumbled until it got to the other side of the lake. He sat on the rocky ground.

I placed a hand on his shoulder "How about we just talk about something else instead? " I gave him an assuring smile which he returned.

"What's life like being...... You know?, being an independent witch or whatever it's called seeing that you are not part of any community of witches"

" What makes you think I'm independent, uhh? I can't be caught using my powers much especially because of my cousins who have no idea that witches do exist and to top it all I still don't know how to use my powers " he raised a brow at me "well, you know, Lopez has a lot to keep her busy and she is the only one I have to train me"

"Is that so? "

"Yes. Sadly I'm nothing more than an isolated witch or an abomination *air quoted* as your father puts it"

"You know, the fact that you have any powers at all surprises everyone. I have never heard a child born of a vampire having magical abilities even if the other parent was a witch "

Without waiting to hear a response from me he went on, "I tell you what, how about tomorrow we begin your training. Same place at sunrise "

"What! Isn't that just too early to begin training ?"

"Nope! Trust me, with what we have coming, it's never too early to prepare"

"What is coming? "

"How about you start heading home?, trust me when I say Rosa is going to travel through the red sea just to look for you, if she doesn't see you soon"

"How did you...? "

"You still haven't met Rosa, have you? " I shaked my head in response "when you see her, then you will know how"

"Okay! " I said awkwardly before leaving him and heading straight back home.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I saw a lady struggling with the door lock, she was carrying a sleeping child who was between the ages of one and two across her shoulder. She had a strangely familiar long platinum blonde hair but the child which was probably her child had an ebony black.

I walked up to her "Hello" she jumped backwards ,obviously startled . "My goodness! You nearly scared the ghost out of me" she placed a hand to her chest to steady her heartbeat.

"I'm sorry, I didn't mean to. Wait a minute, are you Rosa? "

"Yes of course and I was about to come looking for you. "

I smiled and said through gritted teeth "yeah! no need for the red sea"

"Excuse me! "

"nothing. Just happy I came home sooner " she opened the door and we went in.I watched as she placed her sleeping child on the couch and went upstairs to have my shower.

I returned downstairs in my thick white pyjamas that had black poker dots making me look like I was wearing the skin of a Dalmatian dog. Just as suspected supper was ready, she made spaghetti and meatballs.

Her daughter who I learnt was called Meg was sitting in the dinning room playing with her food in a poor attempt to feed herself . "How are you Meggy? " she looked at me and nodded before shoving a fork full of spaghetti in her little mouth.

"I thought you would want your food hot, it's in the kitchen " Rosa said as she came out of the kitchen wiping her hand with a clean Napkin.

"I will help myself then, thanks Rosa " I went to the kitchen grateful that she hadn't already serve mine in a plate. I loved eating directly from a pot but only when aunt Lopez wasn't there to scold me, I scowled at the thought.

" Now that we are done with resting, let's begin with your training " Rosa said few hours after supper.

"my what?!!!"

"trayee " it was Meg who answered this time. The smart child was making a good effort trying to talk.

"you mean Lopez didn't tell you that I will be training you? "

"Of course not"

"Well then , now you know. You have ten minutes to change into something suitable for training. "

I was walking up the stairs all the while thinking why I had to change when we were definitely going to train in the basement when meg called out from behind me " trayee is not going to be at home".

I turned back to face her trying to decipher what had just happened and I saw Meg in her mother's arms yawning tiredly and I thought to myself 'Do I also get a gift like that? ' . She smiled at me childishly before burying her face in her palms and I knew she had truly done what I suspected she did.

P. S:
GEEZ! WHAT A TRICKY CHAPTER.
SURELY, NOT EVERYONE UNDERSTOOD HOW IT ENDED. TO FIND OUT STAY TUNED FOR MY NEXT UPDATE.