🌹CHAPTER 23

Dedicated to: Otuyadaniel

   I ran to my closet and picked up a violet sweat shirt and pulled it on while half running and half walking out of the room. As I reached for the door knob, I decided to go to the kitchen to see if I could find something to snack on.
   On an average day, I would have made myself some croissant or muffins but I couldn't afford to waste more time and so I took the only thing that I considered eatable without cooking, raisins.

  I scurried outside the house and headed to the forest. I didn't know for sure if I was going to find him there but it was my greatest best. I mean-  was there a time I had seen him that it wasn't in the forest. After entering the forest I decided to take five just to heave and balance my breathing. I shoved my hand into the pocket of my sweatshirt and brought out a handful of raisins and clamp them into my mouth. Indulging in bad habits had suddenly become normal to me now that Lopez wasn't around.

  Speaking of Lopez, I had the feeling that she was in some sort of trouble but couldn't quite place it correctly. I worried too much these days, like seriously how could Lopez one of the most unique witches be in trouble. Apart from being able to cast spells like an average witch she also had the ability to create portals and after her sister, my mom had died her abilities also transferred to Lopez meaning that Lopez now had the ability of persuasion which could made people do her will whenever she touched them. Those were some deadly skills if you ask me.

   After my breathing had steadied, I continued to head deeper into the forest. I padded cautiously into the forest. Surely, it wasn't my first time of being in the forest but ever since my last visit , I realized the forest was far more dangerous than I thought it to be. The thought sent a chill to my spine. I just hope that the things in the other world didn't have the freedom to come into this world but then I had seen Asgard in both worlds could it mean that the others could also..... "Nah!" I decided to take my mind off it even when the answer was tugging at my brain.

   "Looking for me?"

   I turned and saw Asgard standing  beside a tree with his hand resting on it. The corner of his mouth tugged upwards in what I assumed was a smile. A wave of unexpected emotions washed over me, I ran to him and pressed him in a hug. "Father" the word escaped my mouth .

   At first he stiffened but slowly he relaxed and pushed me away gently . I hadn't realize I was crying until he wiped my cheek with his thumb. "You must never call me that, you never know who could be watching. As soon as some realize that you are my daughter, you are are going to be in danger".

   I nodded understanding what he meant. As a daughter of death, I'll be considered a prize to some powerful ones who can't get to him.

    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

    We were sitting on a log, well at least it looked like a log but was very huge that falling from it would almost feel like falling from a cliff.

  I stared down at my feet to prevent myself from doing anything embarrassing. It was moments like this, when I was so excited that I tend to embarrass myself.

    " So how has life being treating you? " he asked ignoring my question completely. " You have no idea how happy I was when I found out I had a daughter. Your grandad hated me so much that he did everything in his power to keep your mum and me apart. The old man prevented me from ever seeing her again because he had intentions of marrying her to a family of highly ranked witches".

     " but how did you find out she had a child for you and I was that child because I sort of have the feeling I knew before I did" I furrowed my brow out of habit.

   " That's a subject for another day. Perhaps that day will be after you've defeated the mad goddess."

    I sniggered but soon felt a sharp headache that made me inhale and placed a palm to my forehead. My skin felt unusually hot against my palm and I knew my skin was blushed with red. It felt worst than my usual migraine or maybe I was just used to the migraines.

   "What's the matter? Are you alright ? " He asked when he noticed.

    " I don't know. It's probably one of my usual migraine acting as a result of stress or bad diet. I'm sure it will be over soon" I faked a smile hoping that he believed me. 

   I knew he was very worried by the way he looked at me. With narrowed eyes he asked " Do you get migraines so often ? "

  " Yeah, I do. Even since I turned twelve. " I replied.

    " Let me have a look. " he pulled me closer and placed a hand to my head. I looked up to see his face, he muttered something under his breathe and he pulled away. " Does it feel like your usual migraines or different? "

   "Uhmmm.... Well I guess it's kind of different. " I said feeling quite unsure. 

    "Your head has been tampered with. "

   "My what...?" I asked.

   "Relax! I'm sure it was Merlin trying to protect you from something or make you forget something you had seen which you weren't supposed to" he said with a smile.

   ". It doesn't matter who it was please take it off. I'm not a toy that should be.... " I stopped when I noticed he was smiling . " What ?" I asked.

   "You are so much like your mother. If only she were here."

   A stupid idea popped into my head " You are the god of death, right? I mean you could just do your thing and bring her back. Finding a fresh corpse won't be difficult.... "

  He ignored what I said completely. "I could take it off but it's going to take a while before you remember what it was they wanted you to forget "

   I placed a palm to my head. Although I had half expected him to chant, he didn't then he was done.

I felt puzzled because I didn't feel different in any way. " so that's just it? You're are done? "

   "Yes Child, I am. Now run along , it's much faster when you're asleep. Besides you need all the rest you can have before facing your mad queen. Believe me, you don't want to know what its like when you are exhausted before battle. "

   " Okay, catch you later. " I said and ran off. I was so excited to have my father on my side , to me it meant Hecate was going down. As a god of death, one would have expected him to be cold and humourless but he was the complete opposite and that also made me happy.

  ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

   I shut the door behind me and was heading towards my room when I heard a chattering sound from the kitchen.

  I stifled in my position and contemplated whether to check what it was or to just run out of the house. I've seen a lot of scary piece of crap in life to be stupid enough to check it out and so I chose the later.

   I looked to the door to measure my distance to that of the kitchen. The door was closer than the kitchen. With my heart beating faster than ever, I took a light step towards the door and without thinking I ran to it with all I had without checking to see if anything was behind me.

   As I lunged for the door knob, the worst happened. The door wouldn't open, someone had jag it from the outside. I saw a shadow and was about to turn back when a hand clamped my mouth shut and I was pressed against what I assumed was a masculine body. I struggled to take it off but it wouldn't come off and the more I struggled, the more drained of energy I felt. I scratched and pull but it was vain and slowly I felt like I was losing my consciousness.

    Finally found the chapter I dedicated to you, uh? Thank you so much bro Daniel for your support.