🌹CHAPTER 28

I pushed a huge wall of wind towards her , it sent her crashing backwards with her dagger skipping with a tic-tak sound until it was beyond her reach on the floor. Surprisingly the wind had no effect on my father and Rosa, I made a mental note to ask him about it as I ran to pick up the dagger.

  "Be careful with that" my father warned.

  "Funny, I'm not gonna hurt myself with it . I mean its not like I'm a kid. " I retorted.

   "That knife in your hand" he gave me a scolding look as he stretched his words " is capable of killing both men and gods".

    "Oh!" I blushed feeling embarrassed . After tucking the dagger in my lucky pant pocket I went to Hecate who was struggling to get on her feet. The crash which she had was enough to make any other person unconscious.

     I punched her in her gut and she grunted in pain falling back back to the floor. I tried to kick her but it was a very wrong move . she caught my ankle and pulled me with it making me slip to the floor.

     We were both feeling exhausted but none of us wanted to give up .  I kicked her chin up and pulled my leg away from her grip. I turned to get up but once more she laid hold of my ankle . I turned to face her only to received a solid punch on my face. I could have sworn I heard my nasal bone crack in response.

     She crawled on top of me and knelt  with me between her knees on the floor. She threw an exhausted punch to my face, it felt surprisingly painful. She threw another one but I caught her fist in the air and pushed her off me.

    It was getting hard to believe that this was the same goddess that  had been giving a lot of powerful witches nightmares. I pulled her by her hair and with enough energy I punched her on the face. The plan was to make her unconscious but it failed.

     "Just finish up already" Dad yelled impatiently.

     I knew what he meant . I placed my hand in my pocket and brought out the dagger. I went on my knee beside her, she looked at me with a tired look. Her face was covered in bruises and her nostril was red like it was about to bleed.

     I held the dagger in the air above her abdomen. I was expecting her to do something in defence but she only closed her eyes in resignation making me feel like I was the real villain. I felt like I was about to kill a defenceless person which my conscience didn't agree with.

   I dropped my hands beside me.

    "Finish her already. " This time it was Ash who yelled. I turned to face him and was surprised to not only find my dad and Rosa in a safe condition but also find Lopez with Janet and Jaden . she hugged them on each side to prevent them from seeing the bloodshed that was about to occur. She gave a weak smile which I returned.

   I turned back to Hecate and once again raised the dagger up in the air, that ...... that  was when I saw ' wait a minute was that actually tears that rolled to the side of her face?' . I didn't have it in me to do such a cruel thing. I tucked the dagger back in my pocket and walked away towards them.

    I heard someone ask in confusion "what does she think she's doing?"

     Lopez pulled me in for a bear hug. Janet and Jaden were chattering about how them became awakened. Janet had become gifted with super sight that could make her see in x-ray vision whenever she wanted while Jaden had superspeed.

     Marge and Margaret came into the room and pulled me in for a family hug. It was funny watching Margaret pretend to sob and hearing her chatter about how she had missed me. I turned back to where I had left Hecate , she was gone probably disappeared. I didn't know whether or not it was a good thing.

    As we all walked out of the room , I caught father and bombarded him with the questions I had. "So do you think I did the right thing... You know sparing her."

"Does your heart tells you ,you did the right thing? " he asked with a gentle smile.

   "I don't know but the prophecy said I was supposed to kill her." I said as we were still trying to find our way out of the cave with the others.

  "Not at all. The prophecy only said you were going to defeat her and nothing more."

    "Is it just me or does the magic of others have no effect on you? Because back there when I tried to..."

"Shield" he said.

  "Excuse me!" I exclaimed.

"I have the ability to shield the magic of others away from me."he said.

  "Cool! , I wish I had an ability like that."

  "You don't have to wish for it, just get it if you want. You are just like your mother, a replicator. You have the ability to copy people's ability and magic after watching them closely." he said.

"Wow!" I said with wide eyes. I guess that explained alike .

  Soon we were all outside the cave. Rather than finding the others still fighting , they all stood still watching in grasp attention as a voice echoed in the center of the big battlefield. From afar I still could recognize who it was, Hecate.

    ".... Now I know that witches do not need the interference of the gods in their lives. But I hope you all find a way to forgive me and realize that I have only been dealing with you as a jealous mother would deal with her children. I may have crossed boundaries on several occasions but it was only out of rage. I do not expect any of you to understand but from this point onwards you've been free from the hands of the gods....."

  There was a joyous cheer from among the people. I felt a warm hand wrapped around mine and turned to find Damian who grinned playfully at me. The cheers and noises died down as she continued.

   "....I guess this is it. Spring will no longer mark the end of witches and warlocks alike but will be a new dawn for you all. Spring will mark the end of the tyranny of the gods on witches."  She focused her gaze on me and said something in a place that only I could hear, my mind.

    'Thank you, Morgan' she nodded and she disappeared before our eyes . Everyone cheered and jubilated . Things had indeed turned out better than we had ever imagined. I watched as Lopez and the children ran to embrace her beloved husband on another side of the field. Men hugged brotherly in victory, families found themselves and embraced like it was their last chance to do so.

   "So where I you going?"
I asked Damian who was about to leave.

"To go find my brother."

"Oh. So I guess this is a goodbye. "I said.

  "Not if we don't want it to " he said and before I could think of a smart response, he pulled me closer and gave me a light kiss on my lips. It sent butterflies to my stomach and I just stood rooted to the ground as I watched him walk away.