🌹CHAPTER 2 .

"Rise and shine sleepy heads" Lopez said in a sing song tone as she lifted the window blinds to let in ray of lights into the girls' room.
They both yawned wearily and stretched their arms like it was necessary. "Good morning aunt Lopez" Morgan said as she was trying to climb out of bed leaving Janet who was still lying down and hugging her pillow to her head.

"Come on miss! Get your luggage out of bed" Lopez said snapping her fingers before dragging the pillow from under her head making Janet to sit with her eyes still closed.

"but ma, today is Sunday. Can't I just have one more hour of sleep? Pleeease! Just one?" she said as she raised her index finger to emphasize on one.

"No sweetie! I won't give you one more hour of laziness, so how about you get up before I kick you out of bed" Lopez said with a big grin plastered on her face.

As Janet saw her mother grinned and realized she meant what she said literally, she crawled out of bed lazily while grumbling on a low key.

That morning went by very slow. Later in the day, Morgan was sent by Lopez to Mrs Guanalupe's, the old witch's house to buy some herbs for her allergies, Lopez didn't plan on getting used to modern medicine.

Morgan's pov:
I stood in front of Mrs Guanalupe's mansion ,it was a brown mansion that must have looked like paradise when it was built centuries ago as aunt Lopez claimed but now it looked like an abandoned mansion, with a garden that had overgrown and became a part of the forest surrounding it. It was eerie and quiet and it fitted the description of a house that was hunted by ghosts.

It had a stairway with eleven flights that led to it's entrance. I had the habit of always counting the stairs as I climbed, it was the only way to avoid the spooky aura that always emanated from the house before me.

She was a lonely old witch with no relatives or descents, well at least that was what I thought .As I approached the front door, I felt like I was being watched.
As I turned to the left to check, I saw the silhouette of a man in the forest. He stood with his left hand resting on the bark of an oak tree. Instead of screaming and running away, I was felt a very strong pull towards him and at the same time I felt like he was dangerous. How could someone give such a confusing aura.

After what felt like minutes of staring at the confusing stranger, I heard rattling from the door in front of me, I turned to the door but she still hadn't open. Weird that an old witch should use so many locks on a single door, as I turned back the stranger was no longer there.
As soon as she opened the door, she gave me a sorry look which went away as soon as it came. "Morning Mrs Guanalupe" I said nonchalantly.
Perhaps she didn't hear me because she was quiet and I heard her murmured something in Latin. I felt like she was looking through me and not at me. That was when I realized why people sometimes mistook me for her lost descents. Her skin was as pale as mine, eyes bore a pitch black as mine but mine was also rounded by a honey brown colour. I was on a bit on the thin side but she was fat and her face was contoured with wrinkles brought about by old age. She was an half witch and half human, so old age was inevitable .
"Morning Mrs Guanalupe "I repeated and she jerked backward suddenly like one who had seen a ghost. "Oh pardon me my child, morning ! Please come on in" she said as she went back inside. I followed behind her but before shutting the door I grasped the opportunity to look into the forest one more time, the stranger was not there as expected and as I was about to shut the door, I heard a man's voice inside my head "Adios".
I walked behind Mrs Guanalupe
Until we got to her room where I saw weird stuff. Usually she would have asked me to wait in the living room but she was probably in a good mood today. In her room was arranged jars of different size one of them contained eyes which I hope belonged to animals soaked with liquid, but the other jars I had no idea what they contained but their contents were either in solid or in liquid form. I wasn't new to magic since I started casting spells at the age of four, which was fourteen years ago but I was never interested in herbs or potions making.