3

L I L Y

L I L Y

I smile up at him shyly and nod in agreement.

He steps away and holds out his hand for me to grab. I look at it curiously and he raises an eyebrow. When he sees I don't plan on grabbing it, he does it himself and laces our fingers together.

I immediately feel sparks.

No, more like a big explosion going on in my tummy.

I blush as he leads me back into the school and down the hallway, where it's more crowded now with all the students roaming around.

As we walk by, I notice most of them look at us as if we were animals in a zoo. Confusion is written over all of their faces as they whisper to one another.

I scoot closer to Mason's side, feeling slightly intimidated by their stares. He must've noticed too because I feel him tense up and he suddenly stops walking.

"Don't you all have a class to get to? Fuck off."

He sounds scary when he talks like that.

The students must think the same because they all immediately look away as the hallway becomes silent.

Mason is still tense so on instinct, I squeeze his hand to try and calm him down. It's something i've noticed my mother do to my father when he's stressed or angry. He looks down at me and I see his eyes soften.

He leans down right next to my ear. "Sorry sweetheart, didn't mean to scare you." His close proximity makes my cheeks turn bright red, and he chuckles at this.

I just met him and he's already holding my hand and getting this close to me? Maybe it's normal?

I look down and play with the end of my skirt. "It's okay."

He squeezes my hand, like I did just seconds ago, and resumes walking, forcing me to follow. We walk in a comfortable silence, though this time we ignore the students staring.

After about a minute we stop in front of a classroom, the words 'Art' printed in colorful letters at the top of the door.

I turn and grin up at Mason. "Thank you for helping me."

He returns a small smile, and somehow I can just tell it's not something he does much. "No problem." I'm confused when his facial expression suddenly becomes serious. "After the bell rings, I want you to wait right here for me, okay? I'll bring you to your next class."

I nod at his instructions, grateful that I won't have to stress about finding my next classroom, and remove my hand from his. "Bye Mason." I hold in my excitement as I walk backwards into the room.